Cherrydale & Travelers Rest

penney

• 4 months later...

2 hours ago, Danmire said:

Site work started on the big lot at the corner of 291/Furman Hall Road out at Cherrydale.  It's a big piece of property

I noticed that last week and WYFF confirmed the other day that work has finally  started on the shopping center there. 

http://www.choldings.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Cherrydale.pdf

The strip of land between there and Aldi on N. Pleasantburg  (maped above  in this thread )had a sign up it's another location for H.A.L.T automotive.

Speaking of shopping centers in that area the one at Rutherford and N. Pleasantburg  is a ghost town since Bi-Lo and the dollar store closed. A new thrift store recently opened to replace the Safe Harbor store that moved. Big Lots needs to move down into that larger Bi-Lo space.  I like the Big Lot's stores in Greer and Simpsonville in former Bi-Lo stores.

42 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The tax records still show Walmart ownership. 

I don't know. According to the GNews in 2018 WM cancelled the plans and put the site up for sale. The site plan I posted above from Carolina Holdings doesn't look like a Walmart but retail stores and restaurants with the largest being only 55,000 sq ft.  WYFF mentioned the other night they had received a lot of inquires from viewers and it was going to be stores and restaurants. No mention of who yet.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/asklafleur/2018/03/01/walmart-greenville-sc/372297002/

2 hours ago, vistatiger said:

I don't know. According to the GNews in 2018 WM cancelled the plans and put the site up for sale. The site plan I posted above from Carolina Holdings doesn't look like a Walmart but retail stores and restaurants with the largest being only 55,000 sq ft.  WYFF mentioned the other night they had received a lot of inquires from viewers and it was going to be stores and restaurants. No mention of who yet.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/asklafleur/2018/03/01/walmart-greenville-sc/372297002/

Could be a Walmart Market at 55, 000 sf.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

New record added dated for May 2021 shows a new property owner, Cherrydale 245 LLC.    

Cherrydale 245 LLC was an entity formed in April of this year. They took out a mortgage with UCB, having purchased the property from Cherrydale Holdings. The mortgage amount is just under $10 million.  A Memo of Lease is on file with Greenville County Register of Deeds under the name of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 2:01 PM, vicupstate said:

^^ Great work. I guess we can assume Burlington is the 55k tenant. 

Kind of hoping it was Hobby Lobby but guess there is still hope Michael's could go in the 21,000 sq ft space. An arts and crafts store would be a good addition to that side of town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, gman said:

Jersey’s Mikes opens this Wednesday, moving its location from Main St. Greenville. They will be location beside the FedEx store near Olive Garden. 

Just what downtown Greenville needs: more empty retail spaces. One of these decades they will all get filled. Maybe.