Downtown Denver bank building redevelopment

ZachariahDaMan

A former downtown Denver bank building will be redeveloped as a hotel. The Colorado National Bank Building is at 17th and Champa Streets. The lobby is home to 16 murals painted by Allen Tupper True in the 1920s. They are considering putting several floors on top of the building, which is 6 stories and constructed around 1915.

I thought I would post this to discuss any future plans for it, like if they are adding floors to it and when it should be done.

http://www.denverpost.com/technology/ci_13997087

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

reading this I had a totally different image in my mind... then I clicked the pictures... hmm what a funky building.(not a compliment) I hope the renovations make it look a little classier honestly, but any downtown conversion into residential(hotel is residential in my book) is a great move. especially when its class b office into residential.

looking at the scale of the building I would say 2-4 floors maximum addition. but thats just a massing thing. I have no idea of the market or practicality

Archived