Downtown Streetscaping

sc smitty

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you remind us of what this includes? Utility lines have been buried up to River Street. I hope they place the River Street/Camperdown Way signals on mast/arms. Hopefully this brings the Gringos side of thngs up to par w the Riverplace side (sidewalks, planting, furniture).

Sure thing:

Project limits are primarily along West Camperdown Way between South Main Street and River Street. Some additional work is also to be completed on Hammond Street and Rhett Street. Existing curb and gutter, sidewalk and asphalt are to be demolished and replaced with approximately 1,575 linear feet of new curb and gutter and 1,150 square yards of sidewalk. Approximately 7,860 square feet of concrete pavers are to be placed in West Camperdown Way, Hammond Street and associated sidewalk areas. The remaining existing asphalt surface is to be milled and resurfaced at the end of the project. Other associated work to be completed as part of this contract includes: a small amount of storm drainage work; removal and replacement of an existing sanitary sewer line; new pedestrian street lighting including its conduit and wiring system; a new irrigation system; and landscaping.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see a rather short section of utility lines still up directly in front of Gringo's and the train place. I thought all of Camperdown was to be placed underground. It seems like the perfect time with the street currently torn up. Anyone know anything?

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

I am trying to find the Rhett Street streetscaping plans. I can't seem to locate it on the City's website. Can anyone assist?  Any help is much appreciated.

It's funny that you ask this because I was just looking for the same thing with no luck. I hope someone can help.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived