Recent Murfreesboro Development

MTFAN

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSCN0094.JPG

Here is a picture of the new University Center being built at MTSU.

DSCN0084.JPG

A picture of the new hospital that is supposed to be completed this summer.

DSCN0077.JPG

Gateway Village a nice mixed use development with condos and retail near the new hospital. . I believe it will be LEED certified. A link to the website http://www.thegatewayvillage.com/.

DSCN0073.JPG

A hotel next to the Gateway Village and the new hospital.

DSCN0068.JPG

The new Chamber of Commerce building. I believe it will be four to five stories tall.

DSCN0090.JPG

Starting the site work on another mixed use building across the street from MTSU that will have retail and upscale condos targeting professors.

DSCN0087.JPG

A neat home being built on the square. It will be three stories tall and the exterior will look like the surrounding building. I really like this project.

DSCN0070.JPG

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0081.JPG

The three above are a few strip mall deal going up. Ughh.

I think things in Murfreesboro are starting to picj up again.

Aww sweet! Thanks for posting MTFAN. Yeah, I don't think Murfreesboro will be down for long. Also, from these photos it looks like things are doing ok.

Any news on the proposed new Science building at MTSU? I think I heard it had been put on hold, but that was last year or so I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Aww sweet! Thanks for posting MTFAN. Yeah, I don't think Murfreesboro will be down for long. Also, from these photos it looks like things are doing ok.

Any news on the proposed new Science building at MTSU? I think I heard it had been put on hold, but that was last year or so I believe.

It is still at the top of the state's list but no ground has been broken yet. The new unvirsity center and funding comes from another source along with teh new college of education that is being built right next to the univeristy center.

• 5 months later...

It is still at the top of the state's list but no ground has been broken yet. The new unvirsity center and funding comes from another source along with teh new college of education that is being built right next to the univeristy center.

[/quote

DSCN0422.JPG

Middle Tennessee State University college of education.

DSCN0427.JPG

The new university center being constructed right next to the college of education.

DSCN0429.JPG

East Main Village located on East Main street across from Middle Tennessee State University. This building will be retail. Condos are also planned for this project and are supposed to be constructed to the right of this building along Middle Tennessee Blvd.

DSCN0432.JPG

A house being constructed on the square. I like this project.

DSCN0434.JPG

The recently completed hospital. I believe it is suppose to open in October.

DSCN0439.JPG

A mixed use building with condos and retail being constructed right next to the hospital.

DSCN0440.JPG

A hotel being built near the hospital.

DSCN0443.JPG

The first building of a three building mixed use project. Two one story retail buildings and a three story office building. Also located near the new hospital.

DSCN0444.JPG

The new chamber of commerce.

• 2 years later...

An interesting article was printed in the DNJ today about Murfreesboro's latest hot spot for growth. North Memorial Boulevard has developers taking notice. Retailers like Wal-mart and Lowes have submitted plans for development. In addition to the planned apartment complex by Seigel Middle School, two other very large complexes are being proposed for the area.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20130203/NEWS05/302030062/NORTHERN-MIGRATION-Memorial-Boulevard-city-s-latest-hot-spot-development

Living in north Murfreesboro, I completely agree we're a siginificantly underserved part of town, probably the most. The lack of retail and particularly restaurants hurts this side of town. The intersection of Memorial and Thompson/Compton doesn't have much around it, granted a significant section is the VA York campus. We've got Publix, Mc Donald's, and just recently opened Taco Bell and other than some other establishments, it's really very quiet.

Now, Murfreesboro needs to plan very carefully for this surging area because failure to do so will hurt this side of town and Memorial will become gridlock. Widening Thompson to only 3 lanes is a huge mistake. It needs to be 5, 2 each way with a turn lane, but the city screwed themselves by not having enough ROW between Haynes and at least Breckenridge to allow for such widening comfortably. That section has to be the dumbest bottleneck in the city, going from 5 to 2 lanes in under a quarter mile between the Stones River and the 2-floor office building. The brige dates from the 60s and barely passed inspection a few years back.

I completely agree. At first, I thought it was a typo. Three lanes? Really? Dejarnette, nor Veterans Parkway receives nearly the amount of traffic Thompson Lane does. That's very poor planning. The road needs to be 5 lanes from Broad Street to 231 with bike lanes and sidewalks. Given the planning style of the city, I expect nothing will be done to Memorial Boulevard save for the addition of new traffic lights. This area has the highest income in the city and solid jobs with The V.A., State Farm, and several small businesses, yet no retail and very little commercial development. I'd like to see a few department stores, coffee shops, restaurants, and extended stay hotels for patients and their families. Something like Bridge Street Town Center in Huntsville or Southside at McEwen development in Franklin.

I'll do the best I can as soon as possible.

The key to the north side of town's future, IMO, is that Haynes family tract on the west side of Memorial between Airport Road and the main post office on Irongate Blvd. That is about 100 acres of farmland that is sitting and waiting. Originally Wal Mart wanted to build there during the boom times but was shot down due to significant opposition, funny they literally go across the street now.

So between the massive Haynes tract and the multiple 10+ acre plots near Memorial and Thompson, north Murfreesboro is poised for significant growth in the future and it's likely to happen sooner rather than later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived