2020: Wish lists and predictions?

distortedlogic

Great suggestions! The pimento cheese burger at Northgate sounds wonderful. That is now on my to-do list, for sure! :thumbsup:

When thinking about this the other day, I remembered having a good burger at Liberty Tap Room a few years ago. Someone else recommended Mojo's Burgers in Simpsonville, and raved about them. That was the first I had heard of them.

And I know it's a chain, but the Ground Sirloin Cheddar Burger at Ruby Tuesday is really good. :blush:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Ridge Brewing Company is a very good place for burgers and other American cuisine in Downtown. They also have great ale-battered onion rings.

I like the bison burger at Ruby Tuesday. I have grown to enjoy Five Guys burgers as well.

It has been a while now, but I ate a burger at Liberty Tap Room & Grill last year and remember it being decent. They even make their own chips, which are good.

Several years ago, I tried a burger at Wild Wing Cafe during a football game and thought it was good.

i know we are getting offtopic here but wanted to chime in on the burger thing...

Bohemian at Horizon Records used to have a GREAT burger on the menu -- plus, they'll cook it medium for you instead of the usual well-done you see most places. Haven't been there in a while so I can't promise it's still there but if it is...hmm...may have to go there tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree. Plus, all the burger places that have been mentioned are waiter/table service restaurants -- which almost always come with a higher price point (and a less casual atmosphere) than a set-up like Fuddruckers or Five Guys where you order at a counter and then sit down.

I think downtown could use a few more quick-casual options where younger people, families, people on a budget or anyone who doesn't have the time for table service can grab a bite. We've got subs covered, and Hot Dog King, Atlanta Bread and Bertolo's certainly count. But no burgers.

Archived