University of Tennessee Construction

timmay143

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^lol

I will be in the Smokies the week after Thanksgiving. Might try to swing by campus on the way home to take some pics. I am always fascinated by how much campus changes. There is SOOO much money being invested into the facilities. Really love what they have done with the streetscaping on the strip and Volunteer Blvd looks great!!

• Like 1

I'm still not sure what happened with Orange Hall. White is just fine, but Orange was rendered structurally unsafe and is currently vacant. Scaffolding has been in place for the better half of this year, but I am not informed on what the University's plans are to fix whatever is wrong with it. It's upsetting this happened to a brand new dorm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The City of Knoxville is transferring ownership of several miles of its roads to UT, including a stretch of Volunteer Blvd. sandwiched between the Commons Shopping Center and the parking garage. The University will move forward with the Volunteer Blvd. renovations during the summer of 2019, thus ending its 5-year renovation. Once completed, 18 miles of roads will be owned by UT. By eliminating the legal barriers with the City of Knoxville, this will expedite future construction projects on campus. 

More information from KnoxNews here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knoxnews.com/amp/2207646002

Here are a couple maps from the article:

Volunteer Blvd. final renovation phase

910e79fd-8a92-4218-94c1-3cf0bff01cd5-IMG_1179.thumb.jpg.4196a1ffefb6c155fbd2a577ce8a906c.jpg

This also includes Todd Helton Drive, on the south side of campus.

c46dfced-f310-4aa9-beb9-d88017685c3b-IMG_1180.thumb.jpg.3d7b35423db2557936250fa63e7c6d6f.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, IWS1402 said:

Wow! It's amazing how much nicer the campus looks now then from the dump it was when I went there in the early 90's.  Thanks for posting these pics, (and all of your others) nativetenn

Hey IWS1402, I just wanted to make sure you were welcomed to UP. I am sure you were but I wanted to extend a welcome as well. We are really trying to get the E TN thread back up and running ,so talk it up with others that may have the same interest and invite them to post here as well.

• 2 weeks later...