Park Road / Woodlawn / Montford Area Retail

On 7/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, tarhoosier said:

https://www.charlottestories.com/wine-and-chocolate-companies-joining-forces-to-build-new-tasting-room-in-charlotte/

The former Korean Cleaners on Park Road adjacent to Park Road Center may soon be a wine and chocolate shop. I wondered what was the delay in this since the cleaner has been closed since last year. 

I am assuming a cleaners needs a lot of remediation on the whole property. 

• 5 months later...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So the long empty lot (former Citgo station) at the corner of Park and Woodlawn is going to be....

wait for it....

a Chipoltle. <insert Debbie Downer "womp womp" music here>

Per the Charlotte Ledger: Chipotle decision: The Charlotte City Council is expected to approve a rezoning that would allow a Chipotle on a prominent corner on Park Road, at the intersection with East Woodlawn Road.

Edited by Miesian Corners
added quote
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, go_vertical said:

Great..... so now we'll have the Chick-Fil-A that still backs up onto Woodlawn despite the redesign and now a Chipotle that will have constant cars pulling in and out.  There needs to be a new rule that prevents these two chains from locating within at least a half mile from each other.

I was in far west side of San Antonio and they had a Chick-fil-A and In N Out Burger side by side and boy were the back ups bad.  I could barely get in to get my Double Double!  

But these high volume drive throughs and I would include Starbucks in that mix too need to be spread more apart I agree.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...