Cypress Gardens / Legoland?

prahaboheme

Rumor has it that Merlin amusement parks will transform Cypress Gardens into a Legoland with it's recent purchase of the bankrupt park:

Orlando Sentinel article

I have mixed feelings about this--Winter Haven is not easily accessible, and will not be even with HSR in place. A Legoland would appeal to the younger generations, and would like be a success closer to the Orlando amusement parks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

What effect will this have on the Orlando Metro tourism market? Good for numbers? Bad that it's slightly outside of Orlando?

It can only be a good thing as it will mean more tourists flying in and out of MCO, staying in metro Orlando hotel rooms, extending their Orlando vacations, etc.

And people thought that I-4 traffic was bad before. Just wait until the rest of the country hears that the state needs federal dollars to widen I-4. That is going ot be big headlines.

It won't be good for Orlando proper, it will be real good for Kissimmee. I also suspect that you will eventually see a shift from Sanford airport to Lakeland at some point for charter flights.

Archived