VCOM Campus

hub-city

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Great shot!!! The photo shows how close VCOM really is to Downtown and Wofford. I think it also shows how the County offices are in the ideal location for apartments and mixed use along Church St. Within easy walking distance of all three.

Don't forget "The George".

The synergy between VCOM, Wofford, SRHS, SCCC downtown campus, CCC, and "The George" will no doubt help downtown Spartanburg become more vibrant.

Very cool. Does anyone know what the status is of the DuPre house? I recall VCOM was going to look at buying it...

A few days ago the H-J quoted a VCOM spokesperson as saying something like they [VCOM] had yet to decide how to utilize the Dupre House but were still planning to renovate it and make it part of their campus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone's interested, here's a photo gallery of the finished VCOM campus (exterior and interior shots).

http://www.triangleconstruction.com/vcom_pp_1_4_12/index.htm

I've been wanting to take a stroll on the walking path around campus at some point, but the gates are often closed when I've driven by. I would hope the campus would be open to the public (pedestrians) during the day. I'll have to check again sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, here's a photo gallery of the finished VCOM campus (exterior and interior shots).

http://www.trianglec..._4_12/index.htm

I've been wanting to take a stroll on the walking path around campus at some point, but the gates are often closed when I've driven by. I would hope the campus would be open to the public (pedestrians) during the day. I'll have to check again sometime.

Gates were open today. Rode my bike around trail and parking lot. Looks great!

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually on the roof at VCOM the other day looking at there A/C units so we could quote on their filter business. When we finished, the facilities engineer gave me a tour of the whole facility. It is so state of the art its crazy. LG 48" flat panels in every nook and cranny. Microphones and cameras in every teaching room where lectures and seminars can be reviewed later or streamed at any time. They have a conference room upstairs that they are encouraging the public to ask to use for any type meeting someone might have. The guy said that a group of baseball coaches recently asked if they could hold their spring player draft there and it was approved. He said they really want to reach out and help the community where they can and not just the north side where they are but everywhere. It was a pretty cool visit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Renovations of the DuPre House continue. The molding? around the roof has been replaced/finished (it was rotting a few months ago). Siding looks good, just needs painting, I think. There are some copper elements around the chimneys and along the edge of the roof. It's really starting to look much better.

post-24605-0-35386300-1353882521_thumb.j post-24605-0-47752200-1353882527_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Archived