VCOM Campus

hub-city

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

There was an article the other day about VCOM's economic impact.  In its first year, the school added nearly $50 million to the local economy (mostly through construction).  In its first 5 years, VCOM is expected to contribute a total of over $140 million.  Once the campus is mature (full enrollment) in 2015, it's estimated that VCOM will contribute $78 million each year to the local economy, with $35 million of that from student spending.

VCOM is definitely making a dramatic, positive impact in Spartanburg!

• 1 year later...

I noticed some new things at the DuPre House a few weeks ago.  There are City permits in the window and a banner on the fence that says "The DuPre House: Support the Restoration."  I assume VCOM is beginning interior renovations.  I checked their website, but couldn't find anything about it.  Anyone know for sure if that's what they're doing?

post-24605-0-99188000-1432229165_thumb.j post-24605-0-54088200-1432229168_thumb.j

I noticed some new things at the DuPre House a few weeks ago.  There are City permits in the window and a banner on the fence that says "The DuPre House: Support the Restoration."  I assume VCOM is beginning interior renovations.  I checked their website, but couldn't find anything about it.  Anyone know for sure if that's what they're doing?

attachicon.gifdph.JPG attachicon.gifdph2.JPG

I don't know what VCOM is doing but the exterior of the house looks great. 

Archived