Proposed: Reynolds North and South Plant Redevelopment

TBurban

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So, I got these images from the Richmond Development Forum: these renderings make the building look so much bigger and impressive compared to the one we got from the articles.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.39.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.39.31 AM.png

Honestly a lot happier with it after seeing these, looks a lot like what's already in Manchester but it's a lot greater than what I initially thought.

2 hours ago, drayrichmond said:

So, I got these images from the Richmond Development Forum: these renderings make the building look so much bigger and impressive compared to the one we got from the articles.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.39.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 11.39.31 AM.png

Honestly a lot happier with it after seeing these, looks a lot like what's already in Manchester but it's a lot greater than what I initially thought.

I've been looking for the downtown development forum video on YouTube for this year, but I've been unsuccessful in finding it. Thanks for posting these...this looks so much more grandiose than the other rendering.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, TBurban said:

Looks like there's some new conceptual renderings of the proposed office tower. A little less suburban in nature, and now sharing the lot with a proposed 2nd residential tower: https://www.thalhimer.com/sites/default/files/listings_files/City-View-Landing-Office-Tower.pdf

image.thumb.png.ebdde49715d367695ed10726529d3111.png

Awesome find!  Yeah, I like this design a lot better than the last. It also makes sense that they would expand the residential offerings since they are having trouble finding a company to take up such a large amount of space in the previous design.  I wish more companies around town would come downtown, but they just won’t.  Oh well, those that do will have a nice, pretty profile!

3 hours ago, tparkerzut said:

Anybody else notice that the background isn't even close what is actually there? Looks more like New York hahah.

LOL!  I didn't notice that until now, but yeah, you're right - it's nothing like the rest of Manchester in the background!  Too funny!

Can someone tell me what the future plan is for (what I believe is called) "Reynolds North" building that sits above the Canal, blocking the flow from shockoe area to the "upstream" area (and possibly spanning two different canals?  Ugly Brown Metal thing.   I thought this was to be part of the Locks development but it still sits there after all these years...creating a creepy hide-away and very stout divider between two areas (Belle>Browns>Canal@ Casa Del Barco //// Canal @byrd hat>turning basin/shockoe>Capital Trail).   Sometimes I feel like I want to start ripping it down myself!!! :)    Thought this "connection" would have been made a long time ago.  The master plan called for it - and even the added bonus of a tunnel on the cobblestone road by the old locks going right into the back of the Martin Agency area - How brilliant is that?  Anyway I'm walking around down there often just hoping it is happening soon!

1 hour ago, meegwell said:

Can someone tell me what the future plan is for (what I believe is called) "Reynolds North" building that sits above the Canal, blocking the flow from shockoe area to the "upstream" area (and possibly spanning two different canals?  Ugly Brown Metal thing.   I thought this was to be part of the Locks development but it still sits there after all these years...creating a creepy hide-away and very stout divider between two areas (Belle>Browns>Canal@ Casa Del Barco //// Canal @byrd hat>turning basin/shockoe>Capital Trail).   Sometimes I feel like I want to start ripping it down myself!!! :)    Thought this "connection" would have been made a long time ago.  The master plan called for it - and even the added bonus of a tunnel on the cobblestone road by the old locks going right into the back of the Martin Agency area - How brilliant is that?  Anyway I'm walking around down there often just hoping it is happening soon!

There are plans for a Hyatt Place hotel on the north bank of the canal.  The ugly structure will be removed and the canal opened up.  It is currently delayed but hopefully not for much longer.

15 hours ago, Icetera said:

There are plans for a Hyatt Place hotel on the north bank of the canal.  The ugly structure will be removed and the canal opened up.  It is currently delayed but hopefully not for much longer.

Thank you I did see this and just forgot about it - hope it gets going soon!  What a nice location for a hotel. 

image.png.fc1071b9da8fcb5ed9dc948c6c92c8b1.png

This....how could I forget?   It's another "missing link"...

Archived