Renaissance Park Projects & Developments

Spartan

I suggest contacting the City Planning Department and asking if they have a sketch or rendering of some sort and also ask if they have a site plan for the garage and the college. If they have them then they will share them with you.

I do agree that they should be more proactive in sharing that information online.

The point is they don't want input. They don't ask or offer any opportunity for the public to make suggestions etc. If they don't even offer renderings, how likely are they to listen to anything that might be offered. If I thought that I could go and look at the renderings and say you should consider this or that and it could have an impact, I would do so, but the project is ready to get out of the ground and I'm sure its to late to change their drawings. I was in a meeting after the Dunbar St. garage was completed and offered what I'm talking about here and I mentioned to the Economic Development Director when this one was first talked about, but we'll likely see the same old thing.

One thing I hope they do is go underground with all those overhead lines in the area. I was noticing that they go almost to N. Church all along St. John and it would be a shame to have a 30 million dollar building and have to look out the window at the overhead lines just outside the window. They should go all the way back past the Chapman Center at least. You don't notice it so bad in front of the Cultural Center because they cross back to the other side of the street in that area.

• 2 months later...

Moderate progress. Mostly foundation work. In all honesty I wasn't going to take a picture, but I wanted to see the continuity over time from my first shot from Woodrow St. The view from the CCC was of a large mud puddle due to the rain this weekend, so it wasn't worth of a photo.

uscupstate_07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe the new parking garage for "The George" will not be screwed up by City leaders after all. I haven't seen any renderings, but one councilman said that at least 2 sides of the garage maybe wrapped with dorms for " The George" or made to accomocate a similar type wrap around use.

:whistling: You have now: http://www.ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=95...pdf&dir=CVR Oh and a site plan to go with it: http://www.ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=95...pdf&dir=CIV

Thanks for the links city-life. Overall it looks very attractive. Unless there is something on the sides that I'm missing, there doesn't seem to be any retail included, but it's hard to tell from the cover sheet.

Also, I didn't realize that it would off St. John that much. That may allow for more growth right on the street. At one time they had an agreement to tear down the mortuary garage, but it fell through will all of Cleveland's troubles. I hope they can do something to help that transition into the Marriott. It could be a nice stroll from the garage to the hotel if you didn't have to look at that unsightly garage full of hearses.

Edited by hub-city

• 1 month later...

I have pictures of the George from a couple of weeks ago... I'm just being slack about updated. Suffice it to say that it is making a lot of progress. I think that the sidewalk along St John St is going to be above the street, which strikes me as odd. It will fit in nicely with the cultural center though.

Especially with a bunch of college kids hanging out above!!! Maybe they'll just landscape the area and not make it a walk or patio area, but then it will be a little of a maintainence problem I would think. The foundation should have been exposed with knee walls going down to the sidewalk level thus giving a really wide sidewalk in this area or the building should have been placed all the way up to the sidewalk.

I also think that the sidewalk is raised. There may be room on the street level for a small strip of grass or something, but I think they are trying to keep the pedestrian path as straight as possible, so you don't have to walk down a hill then right back up again. Naturally, this is just an observation and not a statement of fact.

• 3 weeks later...

Even more activity is starting to happen around the area. They are grading for what looks to be a retention pond. They also look like they are starting the infrastructure on the Liberty street expansion.

The construction trailer for the garage is in, and they started tearing up the old parking lot today to start grading for the garage.

Plus, things are moving right along on the George.