Perkins Road Overpass Corridor

richyb83

• 3 months later...

Construction is set to start soon on the first phase of rebuilding Acadian Perkins Plaza. Burgersmith, an upscale Lafayette hamburger restaurant will occupy part of the building, along with AT&T. The busineses are set to open by March. An additional 6,000 square feet upstairs will be up for lease. Sauviac + Dang are the architects

pow122110burgersmitht24.jpg

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/real-estate-weekly/latest/

Construction is set to start soon on the first phase of rebuilding Acadian Perkins Plaza. Burgersmith, an upscale Lafayette hamburger restaurant will occupy part of the building, along with AT&T. The busineses are set to open by March. An additional 6,000 square feet upstairs will be up for lease. Sauviac + Dang are the architects

pow122110burgersmitht24.jpg

http://www.businessr...-weekly/latest/

Still can't believe that a Bugersmith is going up in place of the Caterie.

• 2 months later...

The parking garage??

Redevelopment plans completed for Acadian-Perkins Plaza

The first tenant is now open in the redeveloped Acadian-Perkins Plaza shopping center. An AT&T store opened in the shopping center Friday, and the second business, Burgersmith, will open in August, says Bob Claitor, co-owner of the shopping center. Acadian-Perkins was destroyed in a fire that happened on New Year’s Day 2010. While there had been talk about bringing a grocery store or Petco into the center, Claitor says the plans now are to build six spaces, 15 feet wide and 65 feet deep. But the size and number of spaces could change, based on the response from potential tenants. Claitor says he’s already spoken to a sandwich chain about moving into the center. The spaces will have retail on the bottom floor and offices on the top, with an attached parking garage behind the center. "This is kind of a new thing, to have a small shopping center with attached parking," Claitor says. "But that gives us more room for customers." The parking garage should go before the city-parish Planning Commission in the next month or so.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/2011/mar/16/2145/

^ That is a little strange. But maybe its a step in the right direction of density??

parking garage behind a 2 story building that's very close to the interstate.

Sounds like a criminal paradise.

Regardless, I'm glad that area is changing. It's head-scratching to see dead/crappy businesses there and the upscale jubans restaurant at the end. Now they just need to tear down those shacks (ice, ice cream, glass repair) that are in the parking lot near Perkins rd.

I haven't been in a garage that doesnt have security. I highly doubt a garage gaurantees car theft and break-ins anyway. If the area has even more people, that pretty much scares away anybody looking for trouble.

most parking garages DONT have security. Case closed.

And who is going to be scared away when the parking garage is located BEHIND a 2 story strip mall? Doesn't make sense at all.

Well, one seems to forget that there is a parking garage behind the Acadian tower and that is a much more precarious location then the one across the street from the well kept LSU area neighborhoods.

Acadian tower is a business complex with little to zero traffic after 5 and none on the weekend. Big difference

They will have a "Security" person collecting money if they charge, if they don't charge I doubt they have anyone anyway. I wouldn't worry about it and I'd feel safe provided it is light at night. I don't know of many if any parking garages without lighting. I would even support parking garages at the Mall of LA in certain areas. They work very well for Lakeside Mall and Clearview Mall in Metairie.

The Boulevard/Mall of La had a proposed parking gargage attached with new hotel...but that never panned out. I wish they had built the parking gapage under the II City Plaza office tower...would have been nice if it were a little taller...LSU is about to get a large parking structure that's been long overdue

Tommorrow's St Patrick's Parade Route...

331933g.jpg