Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jthrasher

Building at Wealthy/Atlas

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is going on with the building on the corner of Wealthy and Atlas? It seems like it's been empty or some construction going on inside for a long time.

Google map street view

Edit... I meant at the corner of Lake/Atlas as showed in the street view.

Does anyone know what is going on with the building on the corner of Wealthy and Atlas? It seems like it's been empty or some construction going on inside for a long time.

jthrasher,

Are you referring to the building at Wealthy and Atlas or the building that's in your Street View photo? The Rent-A-Center at Wealthy and Atlas is where they're rumored to be putting in a Pizza Hut, as discussed in this thread. The building in your Street View picture is on Lake and Atlas.

jthrasher,

Are you referring to the building at Wealthy and Atlas or the building that's in your Street View photo? The Rent-A-Center at Wealthy and Atlas is where they're rumored to be putting in a Pizza Hut, as discussed in this thread. The building in your Street View picture is on Lake and Atlas.

jthrasher,

That building also has a garage door on Atlas that is covered in NASCAR-esque advertisements for stoves.

It's one of the weirdest buildings to me... very attractively re-done in parts, lovingly restored, but not clearly used for anything. It had a "Mixed Greens" sign hanging from it for a while if I recall correctly.

It actually used to be a pretty cool Little Bohemia type store several years ago. I cant remember the name though.

Really a Pizza Hut? There's already Gino's, Papa John's and Domino's. Besides there used to be a Pizza Hut in Eastown next to Bombay... With Greek, Ethiopian, Chinese, Indian, and American food, Eastown doesn't really need another restaurant. Unless its a new Mexican restaurant that is. Didn't Don Rafav's/Monster Burrito shut down?

Anyone got any "better ideas" on what eastown needs? Is there a barber in eastown? There's a Jude's on Wealthy in EGR but what about one where this Pizza Hut is going? Food and bars seem to be covered. Any other "services" Eastown could use? Retail?

Anyone got any "better ideas" on what eastown needs? Is there a barber in eastown? There's a Jude's on Wealthy in EGR but what about one where this Pizza Hut is going? Food and bars seem to be covered. Any other "services" Eastown could use? Retail?

Slightly off topic but this morning I noticed that the "Eastown Closet" resale boutique has gone out of business (it's completely stripped and empty).

How long was that there?

The space next to "rainbow glass" is empty again as well.

Head shop!! I honestly can't believe there isn't already one in Eastown. Seems like the perfect place.

Really a Pizza Hut? There's already Gino's, Papa John's and Domino's. Besides there used to be a Pizza Hut in Eastown next to Bombay... With Greek, Ethiopian, Chinese, Indian, and American food, Eastown doesn't really need another restaurant. Unless its a new Mexican restaurant that is. Didn't Don Rafav's/Monster Burrito shut down?

I think the business at Lake and Atlas installs "alternative" fuel heating systems. I know one family that has a system he/they installed.