Ballantyne

underoak

12 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

Totally agree.  I am completely NOT looking forward to being moved to this location.  The ONLY way it would be a plus is if I could afford to live there and walk to the office.  Otherwise, it is nothing but a traffic nightmare.  Avoid it at all costs - any time of day.

Whatever you do, if you are exiting towards Johnston Road, do not leave the office park between 4:30 and 5:30.  Assuming another driver allows you space to exit your parking lot, you will wish you waited until 6 by the time you sit through the light for the 10th time.

• Like 1

The sale of Ballantyne office properties to Northwood Investors was the 3rd largest office transaction in the country first half of 2017 at $1.2 Billion. Also 150,000 sq ft of leases were signed last quarter. https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/08/23/report-ballantyne-sale-3rd-largest-u-s-office.html?ana=e_ae_set2&s=scroll&ed=2017-08-23&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1503516097&j=78736951

In terms of the discussion above I think you will see more of those surface lots disappear in the future as more space is added including residential. The eastern half where MetLife Brighthouse, Premier and now Wells Fargo is this section is much denser than the original older western section. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The next major office building in Ballantyne Corp Park is now in land use plan review.  Will be located between the new tower Wells just leased, and the Premier HQ tower.

I'm sure it will be at least 10 stories, but something in the back of my head thinks this one is supposed to be taller....like 15.

Edit....a little fake news above.  New one will be between SPX and Premier on Ballantyne Corporate Pl.

Also, this is building 7C, which back in 2014, was planned to be 11 stories.

• Like 3

^^^ I was wondering when Northwood was going to get another one going in Ballantyne for their existing buildings are basically filled up and like it or not Ballantyne has a way of attracting companies to Charlotte.  It is the premier suburban location for such relocations.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Northwood which bought Ballantyne for over $1 Billion stated when they purchased it they wanted to make Ballantyne more of a mixed use so a multifamily development even a midrise would very conceivable esp. since they own the Vue, developing 550 Stonewall and Polk Bldg site.   A high rise suburban apartment tower would do very good.  There are building a 23 story SkyHouse apartment tower in Frisco a far far north Dallas suburb but with plenty of office employment. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 9:48 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the Lat Pursur property on Providence and Newtown Rd in Waxhaw (adjacent to Weddington Chase)?  Not Ballantyne, but does anyone know?

Thanks

Which corner?  Southeast corner was in zoning for "Marvin Gardens" in Nov 2016.  Mixed-use --- 4 residential (green) and one hotel (red).   http://www.marvinnc.org/marvin-gardens

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Northwood which bought Ballantyne for over $1 Billion stated when they purchased it they wanted to make Ballantyne more of a mixed use so a multifamily development even a midrise would very conceivable esp. since they own the Vue, developing 550 Stonewall and Polk Bldg site.   A high rise suburban apartment tower would do very good.  There are building a 23 story SkyHouse apartment tower in Frisco a far far north Dallas suburb but with plenty of office employment. 

How much flexibility does Northwood have in building out Ballantyne?  Do these types of leases have stipulations in terms of distance to parking spaces?   Lines of sight?  

1 hour ago, cjd5050 said:

How much flexibility does Northwood have in building out Ballantyne?  Do these types of leases have stipulations in terms of distance to parking spaces?   Lines of sight?  

Parking spaces maybe views and lines of sight probably not.  Northwood has  talked about using the golf course to build on (I hope they dont do that once space like that is lost is gone forever) however they have a good bit of vacant land on the east side (where Brighthouse MetLife is)   On the west side where there is so much surface lots I think they can increase density there but they would have build some parking garages first.   Ballantyne last time I heard is at its highest occupancy ever at about 95% so they need more office space and a residential tower would help them become more of a live work play community. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2018 at 9:48 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the Lat Pursur property on Providence and Newtown Rd in Waxhaw (adjacent to Weddington Chase)?  Not Ballantyne, but does anyone know?

Thanks

Yes it looks like catty corner from the Bank of America branch and according to the rezoning filing someone posted it says it is for a Publix anchored center.  Regency is a huge retail space developer.  Marvin Gardens I will have to stop by! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Parking spaces maybe views and lines of sight probably not.  Northwood has  talked about using the golf course to build on (I hope they dont do that once space like that is lost is gone forever) however they have a good bit of vacant land on the east side (where Brighthouse MetLife is)   On the west side where there is so much surface lots I think they can increase density there but they would have build some parking garages first.   Ballantyne last time I heard is at its highest occupancy ever at about 95% so they need more office space and a residential tower would help them become more of a live work play community. 

Would hate for the golf course to go away as well.   When I look at Ballantyne I can see through the surface parking and envision a compact and walkable district.   It would remove lots of sight lines and move almost all of the parking to ramps but I can see it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I want more height and density jn ballantyne instead of a suburban corporate park. I want it to turn more towards a Buckhead, But I think if any place in charlotte will do that it’ll be SouthPark. 

IMO I don’t think SouthPark could sustain getting too dense without some major investments in road widenings and/or rapid mass transit. Ballantyne has 485.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

IMO I don’t think SouthPark could sustain getting too dense without some major investments in road widenings and/or rapid mass transit. Ballantyne has 485.

True, I just wish at least one of those areas gets more height and density.

Edited by Cadi40

10 hours ago, grodney said:

Which corner?  Southeast corner was in zoning for "Marvin Gardens" in Nov 2016.  Mixed-use --- 4 residential (green) and one hotel (red).   http://www.marvinnc.org/marvin-gardens

Thanks.  That’s the one.  Is anything happening there?  

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Yes it looks like catty corner from the Bank of America branch and according to the rezoning filing someone posted it says it is for a Publix anchored center.  Regency is a huge retail space developer.  Marvin Gardens I will have to stop by! 

Thanks, KJ.

Despite the traffic, that’s a beautiful area.  I love downtown Waxhaw too.  It’s a shame that Mama Lena’s closed.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1