Ballantyne

underoak

46 minutes ago, southslider said:

Since these are long-term plans, it might be nice for the ownership group to call out where future LYNX stations could go.

I agree! Worth bringing up at every zoning meeting (re any part of this plan... starting with the 11-story luxury apartment tower) they have and asking those questions.

Edited by Scribe

22 hours ago, Jasons0013 said:

Roads will not be able to support this madness. 

Not just roads, but also schools.  I wonder if any approval for residential would be contingent on building school(s) on the property.  AK High and Comm House Middle and Elon Park Elem are already at/over 150% population they were built for.

• Like 1

I've always thought a significant change that should occur in Ballantyne--even if only symbolically--is to take down those not-very-interesting "arches" at the Johnston Road and Commons Parkway intersection and replace them with four buildings--they don't have to be gargantuan in size--abutting the sidewalks, as in a real town or city. If designed well, they could actually be notable and actually do what they hoped those 'arches' would do,  create a noteworthy locus for the area, while making Ballantyne actually look like a more organic place and not a corporate-planned and -owned entity.  

• Like 3

On 6/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, grodney said:

Found these renderings on the KJH Architecture website:

I am  launching a full scale investigation how my new Ballantyne parking plans were leaked.  I will contact the FBI who is continuing with my investigation into the Russian hacking of my UP fantasy football draft for my team the Burgers.  (this is written all in blue for those who are color challenged) 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Here is who Panorama Holdings is 

http://www.panorama-holdings.com/index.html#1

Basically a real estate development targeting Chinese nationals to invest in the USA to provide jobs and thus gained residency.  Called the EB-5 program and they developed the Blu Northline Apartments in the university area which are quite nice I must say. 

The webpage is in English and Chinese. 

when you translate the Chinese to English you get a slightly different version than the English only section from the home page.

""Shunyuan Holdings currently has more than three million square feet of projects in the Charlotte area, and its asset classes cover traditional multi-family apartment developments, office buildings, and hotels.

Suiyuan Holdings is a regional center accredited by the US Immigration Service. It specializes in the development, financing, and management of various investment immigration programs under the US Immigration Law. It provides foreign EB-5 investors with permanent service status for outstanding services. Green card) and reduce investment risk.

As a wholly-owned company of Suiyuan Holdings in China, Suiyuan·China relies on its vast resource base in the United States to obtain the permanent residence status (green card) for Chinese investors with excellent service and reduce investment risks; Not only does China have exclusive US quality immigration resources, but its unique resources for studying abroad, study tours and summer camps are also very popular. It is a one-stop business professional service for individuals and companies to invest in the United States""

These EB5 investors are extremely shady (and personally I think it's a total racket).

• Like 4