Ballantyne

underoak

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Yep, more like Perimeter than Buckhead. South Park is our Buckhead.

Definitely agree. South Park and Buckhead are almost exactly the same distance from Uptown CLT and downtown ATL as the crow flies. Same goes for perimeter and ballantyne. 

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 2

Southpark is in a great location but I believe they’re pretty saturated with current projects and dwindling land.  I Still believe Ballantyne is the  next frontier in developing a decent skyline outside of Southend/Southpark (12 to 20 Stories) due to all the existing land and infill there can be.  Hopefully Northwood will See to this soon.

The AC Hotel at Ballantyne Village has started construction and the 11 Story Office (Northwood) could be starting as soon as Sept/Oct timeframe.  It’ll be interesting to see the rendering on the planned 16 Story Apartments (Northwood).  My guess is that won’t start until next year.  It’ll be nice seeing Cranes in Ballantyne & Vertical Development in preparation for the densification of Ballantyne & Lightrail Extension.   

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Southpark is in a great location but I believe they’re pretty saturated with current projects and dwindling land.  I Still believe Ballantyne is the  next frontier in developing a decent skyline outside of Southend/Southpark (12 to 20 Stories) due to all the existing land and infill there can be.  Hopefully Northwood will See to this soon.

The AC Hotel at Ballantyne Village has started construction and the 11 Story Office (Northwood) could be starting as soon as Sept/Oct timeframe.  It’ll be interesting to see the rendering on the planned 16 Story Apartments (Northwood).  My guess is that won’t start until next year.  It’ll be nice seeing Cranes in Ballantyne & Vertical Development in preparation for the densification of Ballantyne & Lightrail Extension.   

image.thumb.png.b9f859f20223b5357a64c278e4493704.png

image.thumb.png.45a5adb9c6c851d92539a4b68af50c44.png

Here is a rendering of the residential tower + the 11 floor office tower.

Edited by Guest

As an ATL native, it seems to me from driving around and looking at all of these development that Ballantyne will be a mix of Perimeter and Buckhead. I only say this because it appears the area is "urbanizing" which is something that Perimeter greatly lacks. 

Just a quick question, what is the Charlotte equivalent for the Alpharetta area in Atlanta?

25 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

As an ATL native, it seems to me from driving around and looking at all of these development that Ballantyne will be a mix of Perimeter and Buckhead. I only say this because it appears the area is "urbanizing" which is something that Perimeter greatly lacks. 

Just a quick question, what is the Charlotte equivalent for the Alpharetta area in Atlanta?

Actually anywhere along 485 south from Ballantyne to Matthews is similar to Alpharetta but the office space is much less.  However Waverly is a smaller version of Avalon which I have been to and like and home to El Fenix another Chef Ford Fry creation. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

I'd definitely go with Rock Hill. Downtown, midtown, Buckhead, Sandy spring/perimeter, then Alpharetta heading north from downtown ATL.

Uptown, Southend/midtown, South Park, ballantyne, and then all the way down to Rock Hill.

Rock Hill is definitely WAY more separated from the CLT urban area than Alpharetta is to Atlanta's but by a lot of measures the two cities are very very similar.

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

Ahhh! Thanks a lot. If history repeats itself, y'all should invest in these places similar to Alpharetta. Near DT Alpharetta, they are starting to sell 2500 sq foot townhomes for upwards to a million. It's quite shocking.

I just saw townhomes in Avalon in Alpharetta selling for $700K and houses for $1m plus and in waverly it is townhomes in the upper 300s and homes in the $500s.   I do not agree Rock Hill is like alpharetta it is not distance it is the demographics.  Far south Charlotte outside and around 485 is just like Alpharetta believe me. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I just saw townhomes in Avalon in Alpharetta selling for $700K and houses for $1m plus and in waverly it is townhomes in the upper 300s and homes in the $500s.   I do not agree Rock Hill is like alpharetta it is not distance it is the demographics.  Far south Charlotte outside and around 485 is just like Alpharetta believe me. 

I've only ever been to Alpharetta once so I can't really speak to the type of area it is or its vibe, comparatively.

8 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I'd definitely go with Rock Hill. Downtown, midtown, Buckhead, Sandy spring/perimeter, then Alpharetta heading north from downtown ATL.

Uptown, Southend/midtown, South Park, ballantyne, and then all the way down to Rock Hill.

Rock Hill is definitely WAY more separated from the CLT urban area than Alpharetta is to Atlanta's but by a lot of measures the two cities are very very similar.

Going to have to disagree vigorously.  Rock Hill does not in any way shape or form correspond with Alpharetta.  Fort Mill MAY some day, but across that river...that’s gonna be a no from me, sorry.  

• Like 2

I’m not sure what part of ATL Rock Hill most resembles, but the Panthers’ project will change Rock Hill.  Since the Falcons (worst franchise/team ever) train in Flowery Branch... maybe Flowery Branch, where ever that is.

Back to Ballantyne, I am glad to see it gain density.  The new direction for this area is really needed and long overdue.  SouthPark will also continue to gain density.  But, a lot of what happens there will be re-developing the older buildings on Fairview and across from Philips Place.  There is a lot of land to re-develop in the SouthPark area.  Good to see both areas expand on the downtown/Southend construction boom.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Alpharetta is 25 miles from downtown Atlanta. It pretty far away. 

I think Ballantyne is like Alpharetta. Pineville could develop into a Roswell type town.

Davidson= Roswell

NODA= East Atlanta 

Little 5 points=Central Ave

Buckhead = bigger South Park

South End= Inman Park/Ponce

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Alpharetta is 25 miles from downtown Atlanta. It pretty far away. 

I think Ballantyne is like Alpharetta. Pineville could develop into a Roswell type town.

Davidson= Roswell

NODA= East Atlanta 

Little 5 points=Central Ave

Buckhead = bigger South Park

South End= Inman Park/Ponce

Freemore = Midtown West (soon)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desert Power said:

Comparing places to Atlanta seems silly.  Hopefully we avoid the awful urban sprawl (we won't) that make these apt.  That said, a more a dense, rail connected  Ballentyne would be a great investment. 

It might be silly but at least it's fun.:tw_grin:

IMO, this apartment tower in Ballantyne is just urban / suburban sprawl.  This is the type of midrise luxury apartments lining streets in Los Angeles and Atlanta where the residents have a valet out front that goes and grabs their Mercedes so they can cruise to dinner and have another valet park their car. The main feature in front of the apartments is a massive motor court. 

Set back from the street on busy wide thoroughfares that are not friendly for walking. Easy access to a large parking garage (encouraging errands by car). Surrounded by a golf course and low rise apartments without retail. Close proximity to an interstate. No LOCAL public transit to run errands (limited local bus service in Ballantyne). Luxury prices so most of the people will drive and be in their Mercedes M - Fri and their Jeep Wranger on Saturday and their 911 Convertible on Sunday and won't be caught on a local bus, etc.... All of this is the development pattern done by cities like Los Angeles, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, etc...

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3