Ballantyne

underoak

2 hours ago, Sigma said:

I disagree.  I believe there is more space for (re)development than people realize in SP.  For example, most of the developments along Rexford are quite aged and paired with very low densities, are likely no longer the highest and best uses of the sites.  There are some other examples along Congress as well.  There are a lot of surface lots in SP, specifically surrounding the mall, that I believe we will see developed.

redevelopment.thumb.jpg.d08e1a7a51bbe7fe8947fa98eccd3580.jpg

I would also highlight the large amounts of parking surrounding South Park Mall and the low density residential on both sides of Fairview all the way to Park road, and then up park road to Montford. That entire corridor is way too low density.

The entire Morrison Dr. facing retail is completely replaceable.

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I am really liking the new Charlotte Ledger with their breaking news got this email late last night about affordable housing being included in the new Ballantyne plan.    This is a good idea especially with the numbers of units they are building.  And because of the high land cost in that area affordable housing is hard to find nearby.   Plus a grocery store is apart of the plan.   Hmmm  what a great location for someone like a Wegmans or Whole Foods or Lucky's.  

https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/breaking-affordable-housing-proposed

Any reason to link to the "Charlotte Ledger" instead of the WFAE article he is just re-hashing?  That Ledger site looks to be on par with "Charlotte Stories"...

https://www.wfae.org/post/brooklyn-ballantyne-story-behind-charlottes-affordable-housing-crisis#stream/0

14 hours ago, SoDoSoPa said:

Any reason to link to the "Charlotte Ledger" instead of the WFAE article he is just re-hashing?  That Ledger site looks to be on par with "Charlotte Stories"...

https://www.wfae.org/post/brooklyn-ballantyne-story-behind-charlottes-affordable-housing-crisis#stream/0

Great article but not talking about the current proposal.  When Ballantyne was first built and I was here then they did that one section of smaller homes mentioned called Ballantyne Meadows.   This new proposal of the new Ballantyne town center will include affordable rental housing.    That was first reported evidently by the Ledger.  I have no dog in this fight just posting what I see. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

Can someone here please inform me on the impact of this ‘Town Center’ Proposal.  I’ve read the following:

Phase 1 = 1,200 Multi-Family Units and 300K Retail roughly

Phase 2 = 1,000 Mutli-Family Units, 300 Townhomes, 400K Office roughly 

Im trying to understand what Development currently In Charlotte compares in size/scope.  Also - how does this proposal compare in size & scope  (# of units & SF Office/Retail) to the long range plans for River District, or Waverly or REA farms?  

I do understand that to achieve this in the space between Ballantyne Hotel and Aloft that Northwood is going to need to get Vertical quickly.

15 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Can someone here please inform me on the impact of this ‘Town Center’ Proposal.  I’ve read the following:

Phase 1 = 1,200 Multi-Family Units and 300K Retail roughly

Phase 2 = 1,000 Mutli-Family Units, 300 Townhomes, 400K Office roughly 

Im trying to understand what Development currently In Charlotte compares in size/scope.  Also - how does this proposal compare in size & scope  (# of units & SF Office/Retail) to the long range plans for River District, or Waverly or REA farms?  

I do understand that to achieve this in the space between Ballantyne Hotel and Aloft that Northwood is going to need to get Vertical quickly.

Waverly and Rea Farms Village have no where need that many housing units.  Both have apartment complexes about 300 or so units, plus townhomes and single family homes but no where near those numbers.    This Ballantyne proposal is very dense and yes it will be much more vertical than either of the 2 Providence Road developments mentioned above. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I met up with a friend for lunch at Zeitouni Mediterranean Grill (great place btw) and noticed Duke Energy installing a transformer in the middle of the parking lot.

I took a picture of the white cabinet right next to the transformer... looks like Tesla is installing a new Supercharger in the parking lot.

image.thumb.png.b7d9bc7bf40ac24f07286ba894f192b7.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Does anyone have some insight on the Panorama Tower? Drove by a few days ago and it’s still just a pile of dirt, I’d really love to see AC’s third Charlotte location.

AC Ballentyne has been undergoing a few more rounds of VE.. Hopefully they get it started again sooner rather than later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...