Jump to content

underoak

Ballantyne

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I really hope the redevelopment of Ballantyne can turn out somewhat like Raleigh’s North Hills. I have a feeling this project will not disappoint however it is Charlotte so I don’t know that I’d be surprised.

It will not disappoint - It’s a very heavily desired area.  Especially with the planned  Blue Line Extension and TOD Zoning.  It’ll be unrecognizable by 2030 when all of Phase I & II will be done.  BLE to Ballantyne will happen if the Silver Line is funded.  CATS may embark on both during its ‘Big Bang’ funding push in the coming year or two.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I really hope the redevelopment of Ballantyne can turn out somewhat like Raleigh’s North Hills. I have a feeling this project will not disappoint however it is Charlotte so I don’t know that I’d be surprised.

North Hills is nothing more than SouthPark with less retail and more office. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kickazzz2000 said:

And actual towers

How do you mean? SP has a couple of towers just a couple floors shorter than the office towers at North Hills. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How do you mean? SP has a couple of towers just a couple floors shorter than the office towers at North Hills. 

I feel like SP would have surpassed North Hills long ago if it was more connected via an interstate of some sort. North Hills has I-440 which runs right by it. SP originally was built in the middle of suburbia.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thenewkage95 said:


I feel like SP would have surpassed North Hills long ago if it was more connected via an interstate of some sort. North Hills has I-440 which runs right by it. SP originally was built in the middle of suburbia.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is another reason that Ballantyne is going to explode due to I-485, Future Lightrail and wanton space to develop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’ve attached updated pictures of the Panorama Hotel/Office Building Site.  I was treated to an overview of the construction activities as well as a couple having sex in back seat of their car.  Both sights digging deep.  Work in progress.  

 

:tw_expressionless:

3A4A58F6-570D-44EB-A420-ED216417D0DE.jpeg

73D2D5EA-CCD0-41EF-8099-8C9B25C284C6.jpeg

F82531C2-3FE6-4BD0-816B-C3132111F2AC.jpeg

"both sites digging deep" huh... (couldn't resist) lol

"both sites digging deep" huh... (couldn't resist) lol

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’ve attached updated pictures of the Panorama Hotel/Office Building Site.  I was treated to an overview of the construction activities as well as a couple having sex in back seat of their car.  Both sights digging deep.  Work in progress.  

 

:tw_expressionless:

3A4A58F6-570D-44EB-A420-ED216417D0DE.jpeg

73D2D5EA-CCD0-41EF-8099-8C9B25C284C6.jpeg

F82531C2-3FE6-4BD0-816B-C3132111F2AC.jpegJeez .....were they hot at least? Lol.  Anyway, I actually work in this shopping center and let me tell you, the parking situation has gone from bad to worse.  During peak hours it’s almost impossible to find a spot!  Not sure how this will improve after the hotel opens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Temeteron said:
12 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Jeez .....were they hot at least? Lol.  Anyway, I actually work in this shopping center and let me tell you, the parking situation has gone from bad to worse.  During peak hours it’s almost impossible to find a spot!  Not sure how this will improve after the hotel opens.  

The young lady was indeed hot.  I barely noticed the guy....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2019 at 8:02 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

This is another reason that Ballantyne is going to explode due to I-485, Future Lightrail and wanton space to develop.  

Ballantyne is on the path to becoming the Perimeter area of Atlanta (Sandy Springs/Dunwoody).

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see how Northwood reimagines Ballantyne, it's a colossal opportunity and the renderings look promising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, jtmonk said:

Looks like the crane base is up for the 16 story apartment building 

1578566019489122.jpg

BallantyneHighApts.jpg

So Ballantyne is set to have two (2) Tower Cranes over its skies by late spring into early summer with this site (Apartment Tower) and the Panorama Office/Hotel Tower.  Northwoods Office Tower at this site (11 Story) I believe will be constructed with only a Mobile Crane.  Things are changing fast in this area.  

I’m hoping these towers have some type of exterior lighting to accent the night sky.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is crane for 11 story tower as the apartment tower has not started yet.  It will be to far left on this shot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 1:16 AM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Ballantyne is on the path to becoming the Perimeter area of Atlanta (Sandy Springs/Dunwoody).

Maybe eventually but without some big magnet like a (good) mall to bring people in from outside areas I tend to disagree. Perimeter Mall is a destination in and of itself and brings people in from all the surrounding areas outside of the normal 9-5 working hours. Other than birthday parties my kids attend at Sports Connection I have never found a reason to go to Ballantyne. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.