Ballantyne

underoak

13 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I really hope the redevelopment of Ballantyne can turn out somewhat like Raleigh’s North Hills. I have a feeling this project will not disappoint however it is Charlotte so I don’t know that I’d be surprised.

It will not disappoint - It’s a very heavily desired area.  Especially with the planned  Blue Line Extension and TOD Zoning.  It’ll be unrecognizable by 2030 when all of Phase I & II will be done.  BLE to Ballantyne will happen if the Silver Line is funded.  CATS may embark on both during its ‘Big Bang’ funding push in the coming year or two.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I really hope the redevelopment of Ballantyne can turn out somewhat like Raleigh’s North Hills. I have a feeling this project will not disappoint however it is Charlotte so I don’t know that I’d be surprised.

North Hills is nothing more than SouthPark with less retail and more office. 

• Like 1

How do you mean? SP has a couple of towers just a couple floors shorter than the office towers at North Hills. 

I feel like SP would have surpassed North Hills long ago if it was more connected via an interstate of some sort. North Hills has I-440 which runs right by it. SP originally was built in the middle of suburbia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, thenewkage95 said:

I feel like SP would have surpassed North Hills long ago if it was more connected via an interstate of some sort. North Hills has I-440 which runs right by it. SP originally was built in the middle of suburbia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is another reason that Ballantyne is going to explode due to I-485, Future Lightrail and wanton space to develop.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’ve attached updated pictures of the Panorama Hotel/Office Building Site.  I was treated to an overview of the construction activities as well as a couple having sex in back seat of their car.  Both sights digging deep.  Work in progress.  

:tw_expressionless:

3A4A58F6-570D-44EB-A420-ED216417D0DE.jpeg

73D2D5EA-CCD0-41EF-8099-8C9B25C284C6.jpeg

F82531C2-3FE6-4BD0-816B-C3132111F2AC.jpeg

"both sites digging deep" huh... (couldn't resist) lol

"both sites digging deep" huh... (couldn't resist) lol

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’ve attached updated pictures of the Panorama Hotel/Office Building Site.  I was treated to an overview of the construction activities as well as a couple having sex in back seat of their car.  Both sights digging deep.  Work in progress.  

:tw_expressionless:

3A4A58F6-570D-44EB-A420-ED216417D0DE.jpeg

73D2D5EA-CCD0-41EF-8099-8C9B25C284C6.jpeg

F82531C2-3FE6-4BD0-816B-C3132111F2AC.jpegJeez .....were they hot at least? Lol.  Anyway, I actually work in this shopping center and let me tell you, the parking situation has gone from bad to worse.  During peak hours it’s almost impossible to find a spot!  Not sure how this will improve after the hotel opens.  

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:
12 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Jeez .....were they hot at least? Lol.  Anyway, I actually work in this shopping center and let me tell you, the parking situation has gone from bad to worse.  During peak hours it’s almost impossible to find a spot!  Not sure how this will improve after the hotel opens.  

The young lady was indeed hot.  I barely noticed the guy....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 12:39 PM, jtmonk said:

Looks like the crane base is up for the 16 story apartment building 

1578566019489122.jpg

BallantyneHighApts.jpg

So Ballantyne is set to have two (2) Tower Cranes over its skies by late spring into early summer with this site (Apartment Tower) and the Panorama Office/Hotel Tower.  Northwoods Office Tower at this site (11 Story) I believe will be constructed with only a Mobile Crane.  Things are changing fast in this area.  

I’m hoping these towers have some type of exterior lighting to accent the night sky.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 1:16 AM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Ballantyne is on the path to becoming the Perimeter area of Atlanta (Sandy Springs/Dunwoody).

Maybe eventually but without some big magnet like a (good) mall to bring people in from outside areas I tend to disagree. Perimeter Mall is a destination in and of itself and brings people in from all the surrounding areas outside of the normal 9-5 working hours. Other than birthday parties my kids attend at Sports Connection I have never found a reason to go to Ballantyne. 

• Like 3