Ballantyne

underoak

23 minutes ago, Niner National said:

Said it would bring crime into their town. Because obviously when people are thieving and killing they wait patiently at the light rail stop for a speedy getaway.

jokes on them though because now Pineville is becoming low income and their retail is dying. 

This is what I heard from a town business leader whose office is near the square.

Quite a while ago, when the Carolina Place development was coming, WalMart wanted to build in the area. Pineville had recently annexed the area either side of 51 in order to control the zone. WalMart was refused an approval and said they would be paying 100,000$ in taxes so why the reluctance. Pineville countered that the property in question was so large and expected so may people that it would require more than 100,000$ in services per year for traffic control, emergency response, 911 response, and all the other necessary services. That opened my eyes to the comparison of tax/service cost in many locations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Yo Diaz! said:

Not Ballantyne, but there is a new tower Crane up in the last week or so at Atrium Pineville for their next building Expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hospital wars continue.  Wasn’t sure whether to ask someone if anyone cares to keep track of the battle between Atrium and Novant.

Atrium expansions in Pineville and building from scratch in Stallings.  Novant building from scratch in Ballantyne by next year.

15 hours ago, Yo Diaz! said:

Not Ballantyne, but there is a new tower Crane up in the last week or so at Atrium Pineville for their next building Expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pineville needs serious redevelopment.  It's pretty close in, and yet, it's largely a wasteland.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pineville needs serious redevelopment.  It's pretty close in, and yet, it's largely a wasteland.

Pineville missed the boat when they decided they didn't want the light rail extension and bet their future on continued car-driven shopping business. Tons of suburbs and companies got caught by surprise with the rise of online shopping and mass transit, and Pineville and all its shopping center business definitely falls into that category. Now they have a chance to try to fix it and redevelop to catch up with current trends, but it might be too late for them; I think it's possible that the big Ballantyne development takes away any chance Pineville has to redevelop in the near future.

• Like 2

With historic Main Street as an anchor - and being that close in to one of the country's most rapidly growing cities...they'll have a nice little renaissance.    

Will take a while - but they'll get there.  Authenticity factor of that little downtown strip is invaluable.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...