Ballantyne

underoak

21 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Ehh. They are close enough that if express light rail service between the two was ever actually implemented I think it would be a boon for both. 

It's about twice the distance of Downtown Atlanta to Buckhead.

1 hour ago, norm21499 said:

How tall do you think Ballantyne's skyline will eventually be? Ballantyne seemed to be growing taller than Southpark.

Great question!  Well, current Zoning (recently approved) allows buildings in Ballantyne (Corporate Park Area) to be constructed up to 300’ in some areas (Largely the East Side of the Park) and up to 200’ in most other areas (East and West of Johnston Rd).  Parts of the Corporate Park that have building lots adjacent to the street nearest existing homes are only permitted to be up to 150’.

Ballantyne will get much taller in the next 5 to 10 years.  They will have more buildings taller than those in SouthPark due to the large amount of available land and because of how setback from existing homes the new developments in Ballantyne will be versus in SouthPark which is much more densely packed.

Right now both the Panaorama Tower and High Rise Apartments will be very close to 190’ - 200’ tall or slightly over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYtoCLT said:

Here's hoping not very.  Taking any material amount of office space away from the urban core will be bad for the city in the long term.  Having one center-city is one of the best things Charlotte has going for it.  Having a multi-modal approach would be recreating a lot of the mistakes Atlanta made in its development.  

It seems like we have already have a lot of office space there though. Some more residential and retail integrated would be nice, because it is completely car dependent.

1 hour ago, NYtoCLT said:

Here's hoping not very.  Taking any material amount of office space away from the urban core will be bad for the city in the long term.  Having one center-city is one of the best things Charlotte has going for it.  Having a multi-modal approach would be recreating a lot of the mistakes Atlanta made in its development.  

I think your statement could be true but thankfully Northwood Ravin is largely focused on Residential & Commercial Development with some smattering of Office Development in its two Phases of Ballantyne Reimagined.  I think it’s only proposing/approved for 400K Office and something similar (300K Office) for Phases I and II respectively.   I will recheck the numbers and edit later on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...