Powder Ridge sale fall though

beerbeer

MIDDLEFIELD - The out-of-state developer who was negotiating with town officials to buy the former Powder Ridge ski area has pulled out of the project, citing Connecticut's high electric rates and property and personal taxes.

The red flags are there for everyone to see. When will Connecticut's politicans figure it out?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIDDLEFIELD - The out-of-state developer who was negotiating with town officials to buy the former Powder Ridge ski area has pulled out of the project, citing Connecticut's high electric rates and property and personal taxes.

The red flags are there for everyone to see. When will Connecticut's politicans figure it out?

well I'm sure it had nothing to do with his lack of funding as well, and such.

he wanted to turn it into a year round resort

seemed to me like it was a glory plan with little merit. it would have been nice to see the tax revenue, but you know when some projects just seem out of place and from left field and with bad timing. thats was this to me.

If you believe that urban development and the political process of a municipality or state are disconnected, you are mistaken. They are completely entwined. There is a reason for the trends in Hartford and Connecticut. To produce a vital growing community, Connecticut must reverse it anti-business, high tax policies. It is the elephant in Bushnell Park. And if it's okay for you to call me a Tea Partier (I'm not), it's okay for me to call you a Rachel Maddow lover.

Archived