Charlotte wishlist - scorecard

Neo

Here's what CATS Manager of Project Development has to say about electric vehicle charging stations:

"

We are actually participating in a pilot project with some other City Departments to deploy some of these units. The City itself was awarded a grant for some of these and several will be deployed, close to ten I think. For CATS, I believe the first locations will be up at our Exit 23 and Exit 25 Huntersville Park and Rides. Outcome evaluation and future funding will play a big role in what our future plans are regarding these, but, we are certainly interested in being a part of advancing this technology.

"

This was an e-mail, but I assume it is public info.

Edited by grodney

• 3 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

1. Retail in the blank area on Morehead across from the stadium and more lights and life on Morehead between the I77 turn off and the Gentleman's Club area. It is an eyesore to the newcomer.

2. Some impressive building sights beyond the Day's Inn on N. Tryon.

3. An aquarium or wax museum uptown preferably possibly combined with a planitorium.

4. An amusement park uptown with a ferris wheel, merry go round, and about a dozen other rides with concession stands.

5. More licensed street entertainers besides the lame musicians that are usually annoying. How about some mimes, etc. like Las Ramblas, in Barcelona.

6. A huge outdoor beer garden with numerous benches and tables where food and beer can be purchased at nearby restaurants and brought there to eat with beer that would be available. (Like in Munich).

7. A guzibo (I forgot how to spell it and my wife is in the other room) in a park with performances (no rap type music) on weekends where people can picnic and enjoy.

8. Another movie theater with approximately four to six screens.

9. A Steinmart or equal retail store in the Duke Energy Building or equivalent.

10. Someone to buy the trashy houses on 7th Street near the Fire Training center and update.

11. Red Line and trolly to CPCC and beyond.

• 4 months later...

More boutique hotel options outside of uptown in neighborhoods like NODA, Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth, Dilworth, Southend, etc..... There are just no options for overnight stays in these areas which have the bulk of the music venues, bars, restaurants and entertainment options outside of uptown. Right now there are just Uptown hotels and ones clustered on Interstate exits. I would think there would be a pent up demand for options in these areas. i know whenever I have friends coming into town they ask about hotel options in these areas and I have to direct them to hotels uptown instead.

Edited by mh10809

• 4 weeks later...

Wishlist:

7-11 in CLT (Check)

Sheetz gas stations

Publix in SouthEnd

Armani Exchange

H&M

Zara

G-Star

Bloomingdale's

More boutiques uptown, SouthEnd, and Plaza-midwood

An apple store uptown

More Ethnic restaurants in better locations

More sidewalks and pedestrian access (especially uptown)

Enough clubs and sports bars already...Charlotte needs more Lounges!

A European style cafe (And no i'm not talking about Amelie's. For those of you who have been to Greece, Italy, Spain, Turkey, France etc., you know what I"m talking about).

Light-Rail to the airport & UNCC

Charlotte to host the Super-Bowl or the Olympics :)

PS- for that stupid "HillyBilly's" restaurant on Tyvola to close!

Edited by Temeteron

Wishlist:

7-11 in CLT (Check)

Sheetz gas stations

Publix in SouthEnd

Armani Exchange

H&M

Zara

G-Star

Bloomingdale's

More boutiques uptown, SouthEnd, and Plaza-midwood

An apple store uptown

More Ethnic restaurants in better locations

More sidewalks and pedestrian access (especially uptown)

Enough clubs and sports bars already...Charlotte needs more Lounges!

A European style cafe (And no i'm not talking about Amelie's. For those of you who have been to Greece, Italy, Spain, Turkey, France etc., you know what I"m talking about).

Light-Rail to the airport & UNCC

Charlotte to host the Super-Bowl or the Olympics :)

PS- for that stupid "HillyBilly's" restaurant on Tyvola to close!

I'm still astonished it's taking so long for Sheetz to enter Charlotte proper

• 1 month later...

Sheetz may not be here yet but Quiktrip has been buying up sites left and right in the Charlotte area and is pretty much the same concept.

Never heard of Sheetz but remember going to a QT in Atlanta back in 1995 and thinking Wow. Anyway, they are building a QT in Concord near the Hospital.

Still can't believe Zara or H&M haven't come to town. My guess is they are waiting for the perfect location. Maybe with Coldwater Creek closing in SP we will see a nice replacement.

Would love to see Century 21 department store come to Charlotte. Right now they are only in NYC and Paramus NJ but they are the deal on discounts. www.c21stores.com. Also Daffy's is another awesome discount on designer store. Daffys.com Same deal with this store. Mostly in NYC they do have a store in Philly.

Would trade our NBA teal for an MLB team any day. Here's to the Knights building an expandable park uptown.

Where is the one in Gastonia? I'm a big Sheetz advocate...

There is one in Statesville too.

Now I'm second guessing myself. I go to both Statesville and Gastonia on occasion and have it pictured in my head as being in Gastonia, but obviously there is no evidence that one exists in Gastonia. I could have sworn that's where it was, but I could quite possibly be picturing the one in Statesville. :ermm:

Now I'm second guessing myself. I go to both Statesville and Gastonia on occasion and have it pictured in my head as being in Gastonia, but obviously there is no evidence that one exists in Gastonia. I could have sworn that's where it was, but I could quite possibly be picturing the one in Statesville. :ermm:

That's it Neo! You're banned from UP!

I do love Sheetz, every time I'm in Cleveland visiting my wife's family we end up at Sheetz after going out on the town. It'd be nice to have in Charlotte when I visit my family. After living in the North East for 4 years now, I would love to see a WaWa in the Charlotte area.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see a bank of electric car charging stations at the LYNX 485 Station. Pay-to-use or free, either one.

I don't think this made it onto the official wishlist, but it looks like it is happening:

http://www.power2charlotte.com/energy-initiatives/catalyst-projects/electric-vehicle-charging-stations.aspx

"

Charging Stations

Electric vehicle charging stations will be in visible locations serving the Center City and other high employment centers. (The cost to charge at all charging stations will be free for a limited time.) The locations include:

* Charlotte Mecklenburg Government Center Parking Deck - 6 charging stations in the public area

* CATS I-485 Station Park & Ride parking deck - 5 charging stations

* CATS Mallard Creek Park & Ride - 5 charging stations

* CATS Huntersville Gateway Park & Ride - 4 charging stations

* North Tryon Street on-street parking near The Square - 2 charging stations

* South Tryon Street on-street parking near Mint Museum - 2 charging stations

* South Blvd on-street parking near Circle at South End Apartments - 2 charging stations

These installements began early January 2012, and will continue at each location until March, when the stations are scheduled to be turned on for public use.

"

• Like 1