Charlotte wishlist - scorecard

Neo

On 1/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, Binbin98 said:

With the announcement that they are coming to Nashville and opening a distribution center there this could legit be a possibility now.

My wish for Charlotte is for you guys to get an mlb team, I feel like it would fit the vibe of Charlotte well. For some reason I don’t get the feeling an NHL team would do nearly as well as a MLB team would, especially with the Raleigh hockey team close by.

Another wish would be that when the Charlotte Douglas Intl Airport expansion finishes, more international flights could be added there. In my head I can see Qatar airways doing well in Charlotte, they already fly down here to Miami and are doing well here, and considering Charlotte is also a oneworld hub it could potentially work out. From personal experiences CLT is a much better airport to connect through than Atlanta or even here in Miami. It would also be nice to have the Lynx train connect the airport to Downtown.

In my general opinion Charlotte is a pretty well rounded city. I can’t think of many glaring things that need fixing based on my experiences.

I'm not sure there is a better international connection than ATL to be honest. ATL just added Ethiopian Airlines, and I think they may run out of space to expand internationally, so I could see some additional international options out of Charlotte with American losing international market share, but I think CLT has a long way to go to be a good passenger experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:26 PM, kayman said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2_FO8Mztl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

One thing on my wish list for Charlotte has inched forward is the fact that the 4-year terms for the Charlotte Mayor and City Council is imminent.  It will be on the ballot. 

The next thing on my list is the division of the Mayor into an executive branch that can issue executive orders and hold the City Management accountable for its activities or inactivities, and creation of a Charlotte City Council President role to preside over Charlotte City Council instead of the Mayor.  Charlotte is too big and way too diverse to be a council-manager city government these days.  Our elected politicians need to be full-time public servants that shouldn't be forced to hold day jobs in the private sector, which is a major conflict of interest, and be able to force the City Manager's Office to stop be so secretive about the decisions and legislation provided to them prior to City Council committee and main council meetings.  Especially when comes to the neighborhoods where it is increasingly black and brown populations that need results not more lipservice from the City Manager's Office.

To the confused re-actors, can you consider verbalizing your confusion?  I’m interested in this governance debate and am curious about other sides of the discussion as well.  I feel kayman’s points make sense.

Edited by RANYC
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...