Olympics in Charlotte?

brianb0518

No worries from Raleigh.  Close enough to go to a lot of the events with none of the headaches of crowd control and the empty buildings left behind.  Win win for Raleigh!

Are there any plans for the land between 77, 277, and West Morehead?  Seems like a good location for an Olympic village.  Maybe also filling in the area directly south of the Panthers stadium and 277 (along W Carson Blvd) with other venues?

Good luck!

Something for Charlotte Pipe. They bought all the land for just shy of $22 million and put up chain link fencing last year. They say it is for "future expansion." Whatever they plan to use it for, I doubt anything will be done with the land for many years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Charlotte is a great city. But come on, all Olympic cities have either natural beauty, ie. mountains, beaches, or world class attractions, ie. Disney World as an example.  I don't think that Charlotte is ready to compete with London, Rio, San Francisco, or Calgary at this time. Putting up any money in an effort to enter Charlotte as a possible site is a huge waste of money.

Archived