Google Fiber

gregtrob

Does anyone know if Greenville county (or city) is trying to pursue being a test site for the newly announced Google Fiber project

I think if Greenville could land something like that it would really help the world (or at least the nation) as more advanced than what I think the current perception of us seems to be. Not only that, we could use that as a perk in trying to draw additional industry to the area. The form for government to use is

http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/public/options

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

That does look awesome! I was in the big "G".

Did anyone else notice that the Bank of America building even appeared to have a "G" lit up last night in their building. It was a decent attempt, but a bit difficult to discern from a distance (as you couldn't see the bottom of the letter).

Greenville was packed downtown last night, and I'm pretty sure the businesses got a healthy dose of patronage after the Google on Main event. Ocha had a line out the door about 9 o'clock when the event was over. :thumbsup:

Kudo's to the planners of this event!! EXCELLENT event! Overheard by vistors in downtown "This city has energy!" Those words sort of sum up the Google event. I was in the red "e". Such a cool event. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some of my photos from the event:

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Kudo's to the planners of this event!! EXCELLENT event! Overheard by vistors in downtown "This city has energy!" Those words sort of sum up the Google event. I was in the red "e". Such a cool event. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some of my photos from the event:

Great photos gsupstate! I agree that this was an excellent event. It is really amazing that a small group of dedicated people were able to pull it together in just a couple of weeks.

I was there with my family (in the red "o") and we had a great time. My 6 year old has no idea what Google Fiber really is, but that hasn't stopped him from telling me over and over that he is pretty sure we are going to get it now. I hope he is right!

Archived