Jump to content

MLS in Charlotte - 2021


Recommended Posts

The idea of MLS HQ at Eastland is cool but how much space would associated practice fields take up?  I’d like to see dense development at Eastland but with the new CMS School there and talk of Practice field(s) for soccer, would sufficient acreage/space be left for Transit based dense development?  

Edited by Hushpuppy321
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlotte Very Much in Play as MLS Mulls Expansion Growth to 30 https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/06/26/mls-expansion-charlotte-panthers-david-tepper-st-louis-sacramento

Two girls, one cup. FC? Fixed(?):  

Raleigh is not getting an MLS expansion club.  The current proposal is just OK. The city and market is just OK. The ownership group headed up by Steve Malik would be among the “poorest” of the en

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The idea of MLS HQ at Eastland is cool but how much space would associated practice fields take up?  I’d like to see dense development at Eastland but with the new CMS School there and talk of Practice field(s) for soccer, would sufficient acreage/space be left for Transit based dense development?  

The current Panthers facilities are 33 acres, so it could be about half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Charlotte FC followed by Charlotte Athletic... anything else and I will protest

Charlotte FC, Charlotte Athletic, and Charlotte Town FC are the only good ones on this list. I can't believe we're actually considering names like "Charlotte Fortune" and other money names in 2019, that would be an insane misstep.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Charlotte FC, Charlotte Athletic, and Charlotte Town FC are the only good ones on this list. I can't believe we're actually considering names like "Charlotte Fortune" and other money names in 2019, that would be an insane misstep.

I don't like Charlotte Town FC simply because I think it'll add more confusion with Charleston. Too much. Charlotte FC is all we need. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of modifications will we see to BofA? Will it mostly be to fit BofA for a soccer field or will there be some fan related renovations? 
Not sure of any fan related updates, but some specific items I've seen mentioned is adding a central tunnel for teams to use (as opposed to the corner ones used in football) and adding camera bays for shots specific to football, I mean soccer. Also, the clock will need to be programmed to count up to 45, rather than count down from 15.


Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

What kind of modifications will we see to BofA? Will it mostly be to fit BofA for a soccer field or will there be some fan related renovations? 

 

30 minutes ago, swh1972 said:

Not sure of any fan related updates, but some specific items I've seen mentioned is adding a central tunnel for teams to use (as opposed to the corner ones used in football) and adding camera bays for shots specific to football, I mean soccer. Also, the clock will need to be programmed to count up to 45, rather than count down from 15.


Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
 

They'll have to add a central tunnel (although the Sounders and visitors come from the corners at CenturyLink so I'm not sure why this is now a requirement) and locker rooms at a minimum. Also new camera locations. Beyond that the fields are close enough in dimension that nothing really has to change. They might tarp off some of the upper level seats, they'll replace some stadium banners and signage and stuff on game day... that's about it, especially if the colors match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

 

They'll have to add a central tunnel (although the Sounders and visitors come from the corners at CenturyLink so I'm not sure why this is now a requirement) and locker rooms at a minimum. Also new camera locations. Beyond that the fields are close enough in dimension that nothing really has to change. They might tarp off some of the upper level seats, they'll replace some stadium banners and signage and stuff on game day... that's about it, especially if the colors match.

The central tunnel is what I can't figure out, especially if Tepper plans on replacing the stadium within 10 years. I know the soccer specific stadiums for the LA Galaxy and Dallas do not have a central tunnel and  I haven't seen any discussion of one being added to Soldier Field.

6 hours ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

I don't like Charlotte Town FC simply because I think it'll add more confusion with Charleston. Too much. Charlotte FC is all we need. 

It's what this town was originally called when it was incorporated, Charlotte FC is just too plain. I could care less about what confuses people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, central tunnel is not necessary.  CenturyLink Field doesn't have the central tunnel for the Sounders, so not quite sure why they'd need it here.  

Also,  those names are generally atrocious.  Charlotte FC is the clear (yet most boring) choice of those bunch, but I'd like to see more creativity.  That's why I'm such a big proponent of Queen City Rangers of Charlotte FC, or QCR Charlotte FC, abbreviated as QCR.  Oi oi oi!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.