MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

1 minute ago, Madison Parkitect said:

It's almost as if MLS just gave them a franchise even though the city had no pro soccer history, had no measurable support to estimate, and didn't even really ask for a team...

But they are the current IT city that is financially broke and they are having problems living up to an agreement they made with a big new employer downtown too Asurion. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:31 AM, Madison Parkitect said:

It's almost as if MLS just gave them a franchise even though the city had no pro soccer history, had no measurable support to estimate, and didn't even really ask for a team...

I was openly wondering on the Nashville Thread if a threat by Nashville, SC to move to Raleigh would assist in breaking the log jam between the Team Owner and City Government.  Someone replied that Las Vegas would be a stronger competitor than Raleigh would.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I was openly wondering on the Nashville Thread if a threat by Nashville, SC to move to Raleigh would assist in breaking the log jam between the Team Owner and City Government.  Someone replied that Las Vegas would be a stronger competitor than Raleigh would.

Yeah, Las Vegas seems to be the consensus city they'd go to if Nashville doesn't work out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Yeah, Las Vegas seems to be the consensus city they'd go to if Nashville doesn't work out.

I think Raleigh would be a better soccer market.  Vegas is getting crowded with their NFL and NHL teams and the market is growing it is really not much bigger than the Raleigh Durham which is much wealthier.    Nashville still probably wont lose that team I would think despite their new stadium woes. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think Raleigh would be a better soccer market.  Vegas is getting crowded with their NFL and NHL teams and the market is growing it is really not much bigger than the Raleigh Durham which is much wealthier.    Nashville still probably wont lose that team I would think despite their new stadium woes. 

No, Nashville won't lose it, even though it's been kind of a mess since day 1. But speculation drives clicks.

• Haha 1

Would be a shame to see Nashville bungle this over trying to attract Nascar

Music City Heaters

@HeatersNSC

BREAKING: Per @HeatersNSC sources, @JohnCooper4Nash continues to delay demo permits for @NashvilleSC MLS Stadium to engage in closed-door negotiations with SMI to bring a @NASCAR race to Fairgrounds Speedway. Such a deal is projected to require a $30m investment from Metro.