MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

Got an email today about ticket packages. No packages yet but it did included a link to a survey asking for opinions on preferred sections and pricing. Much of it was questions like "which of these three packages would you most likely purchase". The pricing mentioned was psl ranging from $600-$800 up to 4k-5k and ticket prices roughly the same scaling. For example: $800 psl and $1200 ticket or $2600 psl and $4600 ticket. 

I assume this means we'll be getting name/colors/pricing announced fairly soon. 

Screenshot_20200227-162313.png

Edited by go_vertical
Spelling
  • Like 1

Today’s Ledger (which is consistently great enough I think I will pay to subscribe) has a nice overview of ticket prices and stadium redesign.

The least expensive seats were lower level, behind one of the goals. Those were listed at $450 for the season with no seat license. In MLS, each team plays 17 regular home games, so those cheapest seats would be a little over $26 a game. (Or a little less, if the team plays one or two “friendlies,” or non-league games.)

According to figures floated by the team in the email, a tunnel club seat located at field level along the north sideline could go for $8,350 a year, plus a one-time seat-license fee of $4,300. The tunnel club seats appeared to be the most expensive in the stadium, according to prices in the email, which was obtained Thursday by The Ledger.

Music and flags: Behind the opposite end zone, er, goal, the team plans to reserve space for a “supporters section” for its most hardcore fans. Those sections are typical in soccer games. The email describes the section as a place where “supporters would most likely stand throughout the entirety of the match, creating a unique atmosphere by singing songs, playing instruments and waving flags.” Those seats are listed at $600 for the season, which works out to about $35 per game, plus a $250 seat license.

Apologies if old news.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Charlotte MLS club has hired Steve Walsh as a special advisor.  Walsh has experience throughout the Premier League mostly as a scout for various clubs.

At the expansion club, Walsh will consult on management and recruitment as they assemble their squad. He’ll help the team identify talent and serve on the technical board for transfers and head coach recruitment.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/16/charlotte-mls-hire-notable-special-advisor-steve-walsh-extensive-premier-league

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I know everyone is pretty pre-occupied with other happenings right now, but does anyone have any updates on the team? I know someone mentioned a name and team colors announcement for the match that was scheduled for the 26th. With all that’s going on, do you think we might still hear an announcement in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, thenewkage95 said:

I know everyone is pretty pre-occupied with other happenings right now, but does anyone have any updates on the team? I know someone mentioned a name and team colors announcement for the match that was scheduled for the 26th. With all that’s going on, do you think we might still hear an announcement in the near future?

Nothing official.  A friend that I know through going to Independence games here was researching a bit of public informatoin and posted on a facebook group yesterday that some of the names trademarked (Charlotte FC, Charlotte Town FC, Charlotte Athletic FC) were running into some hurdles and the trademarks were issued a "refusal and note of priority action" on 3/12.  The reason for refusal was "because the applied for mark was primarily geographically descriptive" which you can then find more information about if you're so inclined at this link.  Not going to pretend I know exactly what all that means but someone who had some time on their hands, that's what they dug up :)

https://tmep.uspto.gov/RDMS/TMEP/current#/current/TMEP-1200d1e8253.html

• Like 1

Nothing official.  A friend that I know through going to Independence games here was researching a bit of public informatoin and posted on a facebook group yesterday that some of the names trademarked (Charlotte FC, Charlotte Town FC, Charlotte Athletic FC) were running into some hurdles and the trademarks were issued a "refusal and note of priority action" on 3/12.  The reason for refusal was "because the applied for mark was primarily geographically descriptive" which you can then find more information about if you're so inclined at this link.  Not going to pretend I know exactly what all that means but someone who had some time on their hands, that's what they dug up [emoji4]
https://tmep.uspto.gov/RDMS/TMEP/current#/current/TMEP-1200d1e8253.html

Thanks for sharing that. I might get a little hate for this, but I personally think Charlotte Crown FC is the best name out of the ones Tepper submitted for trademark. Like all other things during this time, we’ll just have to be patient.

9 minutes ago, thenewkage95 said:

Thanks for sharing that. I might get a little hate for this, but I personally think Charlotte Crown FC is the best name out of the ones Tepper submitted for trademark. Like all other things during this time, we’ll just have to be patient.

Queen City SC, which I've always hoped would end up being our team name regardless of the league, is available if they just want to buy the Independence and their 12,000 participant academy.  An academy that's DA U17 team was arguably the best at the recent eastern USL Academy Cup and is/was going to be in the national tournament if it's not already been cancelled fully for this season.  Just sayin' haha

Though I know our leagues have certain requirements city/states are in the name so QCSC is probably out.  I liked Charlotte Town or Charlotte Athletic of what's been trademarked

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Also - does anyone know if the $110M Tepper negotiated with the City for MLS Headquarters and Stadium Upgrades have been finalized yet?  The Coronavirus stuff is really impacting everything in a big way and was wondering if that’s also at risk now.

Last update came about a week ago where Vi Lyles said MLS is not a top priority for allocating the hospitality money

54 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I totally understand but dang!  Could MLS Top Execs take the team away from Tepper potentially?

It's not uncommon for teams to have a back and forth like this with their cities.  Nashville city government tried to pull out from their fairgrounds site, Minnesota settled on and attempted negotiations around a few locations in Minneapolis before settling on an old bus station in St. Paul for their stadium.  Miami and NYCFC have been in and out of site plans/negotiations with their respective cities for a permanent home.  And these were all when the world wasn't in economic crisis.  I wouldn't think MLS and Tepper are that callous to not realize the optics of a city forking over $110M when some industries as we knew them are crumbling in front of us

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1