MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

53 minutes ago, eastsider said:

Was looking around on Fanatics earlier, Austin FC has a ton of merch for sale... would be nice to see something for Charlotte.

I’m sure there will be enough in due time.  I’m more interested in seeing detailed plans for the Eastland Team HQ and surrounding property.

2 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’m sure there will be enough in due time.  I’m more interested in seeing detailed plans for the Eastland Team HQ and surrounding property.

Oh dang - didnt realize @KJHburg has already linked the rezoning info for Eastland on that thread.  I’ll be studying that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eastsider said:

Was looking around on Fanatics earlier, Austin FC has a ton of merch for sale... would be nice to see something for Charlotte.

Austin FC only has merchandise already because they started in 2018 as a scheme for the Columbus owner to move the team there. They had to have a team name and logo from the very beginning because Precourt was trying to make the case that Austin could be a viable city for a team so he could move the Crew there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eastsider said:

And now the teams announcement of name and colors is being delayed. Maybe they will wait until the team walks onto the field for the first match to reveal them, or they just settled on Charlotte MLS Club.  

Maybe wanting to line up the release with the start back of the MLS season? 

• Like 1

I was going to say, they can release it during half time of a national broadcast when MLS is the only team sport resuming play in the US.  Maybe during the tournament final?  By that time in August hopefully we've slowed the spread in NC and they could have some semblance of a fan event outdoors while also broadcasting nationwide.  

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

I'm sure that's exactly the reason.  Just trying to be funny our rival stealing a Charlotte headquartered company as a sponsor so we should retaliate.

I think Lowes would be a natural fit given location and rivalry with Blank's Home Depot.

40 minutes ago, NYtoCLT said:

Charlotte MLS also sent an email this morning crossing Charlotte Fortune FC off the list of name candidates.  I guess they are going to send (daily?) updates crossing off names until there is 1 winner.

mls.thumb.jpg.b91f7bf7b285af0bb4388848dca72181.jpg

One of these names on this list is the winner. In no particular order...my top 4 would be:

Charlotte Crown FC, Charlotte FC, Charlotte Town FC, Charlotte Athletic FC

*Haven't decided my top choice yet.  Basically, I'll be fine with any of them except All Carolina FC and Carolina Gliders FC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

mls.thumb.jpg.b91f7bf7b285af0bb4388848dca72181.jpg

One of these names on this list is the winner. In no particular order...my top 4 would be:

Charlotte Crown FC, Charlotte FC, Charlotte Town FC, Charlotte Athletic FC

*Haven't decided my top choice yet.  Basically, I'll be fine with any of them except All Carolina FC and Carolina Gliders FC.

I actually don't hate All Carolina FC because I think ACFC would be a great nickname.  Closest there is to QCFC which is what I was hoping for before the list came out.

I think Charlotte Town is the favorite though.

• Like 2

I'm a fan of Charlotte Crown FC.  The supporters club could be called the Crown Royals, although pregaming could get pretty sloppy.  You're welcome.

Charlotte FC would be fine but is a little boring.  I don't hate Charlotte Town FC although I think, again, people will get it confused with Charleston.  Charlotte Athletic FC - again, unexciting and is a clear Euro-ripoff.  Charlotte Monarchs sounds like a WNBA team.  I agree that both Carolina names should be out since I think it will be most beneficial for the city to have a "Charlotte" name to further promote Charlotte's notoriety globally.

• Like 2