MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

18 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

For what it's worth the sleuths on Charlotte MLS reddit saw there was activity on the charlottetownfc.com domain ownership yesterday.  Whereas all other potential names were registered and last updated on the date 12/7/19

But charlottetownfc.com was updated 7/15.  Supposedly to those that saw this meaning this will be the name of the club.

If this were a college football coaching search or NBA free agency we're reaching that stage where people start tracking private jet movements around the country haha

Hope that's it, that's the best name on the list.

46 minutes ago, eastsider said:

It was pretty apparent with the being this late in the year and still not having a coaching staff in place. 

That is not the primary driver.   MLS seems to have made the decision on their own and dragged the clubs along.   This is real bummer and BS.  Austin still starts next year though, but not us and 2023 for STL and Sacramento.

Edited by navigator319
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Looks like no MLS until 2022 in CLT ....:tw_thumbsdown:

This is extremely frustrating being that they just released the team branding coming out soon. But on the other hand at least our first season won't have much Covid affect, I was super worried our first home game would be limited fans or no fans . Will still be dropping some cash on some merch for a team that won't play their first game for a year and a half. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

That is not the primary driver.   MLS seems to have made the decision on their own and dragged the clubs along.   This is real bummer and BS.  Austin still starts next year though, but not us and 2023 for STL and Sacramento.

That was the point that I was making, the team knew that this was coming down the pipeline from the league and therefor was in no hurry to sign the coaching staff. 

On the bright-side, hopefully we will be in a position to play in a packed stadium for the teams first game.  Team sports in this country are going to be a mess for some time. It would suck to have a first season that Nashville and Miami have had with the start/stop then months of unknown, and now kind of a restart.

• Like 4

I think I've decided I like the simple route...many ppl think it's boring but I kind of just like "Charlotte FC".  That way we can create whatever design for the logo or mascot and not be tied to something (crown, town, athletics, etc).    It's simple, no name confusion will occur, and it leaves the door open to have things happen organically.  

Many people like Charlotte Town FC, however, there are also many people that don't get the "Town" part.  It's also the capital of Prince edward island in canada (name confusion).  Some people say it's small time naming it town.  I've heard similar pros & cons for "Crown".  

So, it's rather anti-climatic (some saying boring/plain), but I guess im in the boat for Charlotte FC.  In reality, I will be fine with any of the names mentioned above...just keep "Carolina" out of it the name.  I want it to be this city's team. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I think I've decided I like the simple route...many ppl think it's boring but I kind of just like "Charlotte FC".  That way we can create whatever design for the logo or mascot and not be tied to something (crown, town, athletics, etc).    It's simple, no name confusion will occur, and it leaves the door open to have things happen organically.  

Many people like Charlotte Town FC, however, there are also many people that don't get the "Town" part.  It's also the capital of Prince edward island in canada (name confusion).  Some people say it's small time naming it town.  I've heard similar pros & cons for "Crown".  

So, it's rather anti-climatic (some saying boring/plain), but I guess im in the boat for Charlotte FC.  In reality, I will be fine with any of the names mentioned above...just keep "Carolina" out of it the name.  I want it to be this city's team. 

They THANKFULLY have eliminated All Carolina FC from the running today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, go_vertical said:

Please let the gliders be crossed off next. 

Gliders is so bad.  I am totally fine with Athletic, Charlotte or Charlotte Town.  Gliders?  I don't think I could bring myself to buy merch.  Crown is also pretty bad.

• Like 4

I like the old crown better with the diamond-shaped cutouts.  I know the updated one has the four spires representing four wards, but they could've said the four spires come together as one in the center with the five-spired crown.  Also the "Minted 2022" is better than the dates on the earlier one.

Edited by SentioVenia
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, SentioVenia said:

I like the old crown better with the diamond-shaped cutouts.  I know the updated one has the four spires representing four wards, but they could've said the four spires come together as one in the center with the five-spired crown.  Also the "Minted 2022" is better than the dates on the earlier one.

The diamonds would make great alternate jerseys too  with some mint green thrown in there. The minted phrase is cool, but put the dots on the side or else take them off the 2022, it being lopsided is killing me

• Like 2