MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

3 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Dude’s - I totally purchased a couple of those $15 CLT-FC Tickets for the game this coming Saturday (3/19/22) but I have a feeling that although this fits my budget that this cannot be good for the Charlotte Independence Club to have the local MLS Team selling tickets for $15.  Any thoughts on that?

Honestly they need more affordable tickets. Checking Ticketmaster there is a great deal of overpriced tickets still available for Saturdays second ever home game. 

On 3/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Dude’s - I totally purchased a couple of those $15 CLT-FC Tickets for the game this coming Saturday (3/19/22) but I have a feeling that although this fits my budget that this cannot be good for the Charlotte Independence Club to have the local MLS Team selling tickets for $15.  Any thoughts on that?

Is it too early to buy those $15 tickets for the game on 3/26? Also, is there a place you go online for these or do you have to actually go to the stadiums ticket office for these?

5 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Is it too early to buy those $15 tickets for the game on 3/26? Also, is there a place you go online for these or do you have to actually go to the stadiums ticket office for these?

$15 ticket sales start 14 days before the date of each home game.  And must be purchased at the stadium ticket office.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

Where are these $15 tickets? 200 level behind the opposite goal of the supporters section? 

Haven't specified just "lower level".  From reddit below after the opener and the Chief Fan Officer is also tweeting about it.  Nothing has come out like an official statement from the team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharlotteFootballClub/comments/t8whxp/i_emailed_the_cltfc_ticket_office_about_ticket/

zfq32vkpd0m81.png?width=697&auto=webp&s=b777d3e3c5bb3fdd41962909ea47a96a75675c30

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, went to the first game and it was a blast! A really special experience. Honestly the most fun I’ve had in there since the nfc championship game. Tep has done one thing right and that was creating a party atmosphere. The new renovations look great inside as well and never had to wait in line for a beer. I was supposed to go to the cincy game but my pup was sick. Haven’t witnessed a goal in person yet but looking forward to the excitement. 

On 3/26/2022 at 7:56 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Was an amazing win today over FC Cincy….  I hope that our fellow brethren in Raleigh are attending MLS Games here in Charlotte, watching on TV and rejoicing with us.  Can feel like the two major metro areas are at odds sometimes.

Charlotte is the Sports & Entertainment Capital of the Carolinas.  Raleigh/Triangle is the  State Capitol and epicenter of all NC Biotech.

I think it's best the Triangle be the State Capitol, research, tech, pharma and education epicenter. Meanwhile, Charlotte is the epicenter of biotech, fintech, financial, transportation, logistics, distribution, entertainment, and major league sports of the Carolinas. Charlotte FC reaffirmed this to be fact. 

Edited by kayman

19 hours ago, kayman said:

I think it's best the Triangle be the State Capitol, research, tech, pharma and education epicenter. Meanwhile, Charlotte is the epicenter of biotech, fintech, financial, transportation, logistics, distribution, entertainment, and major league sports of the Carolinas. Charlotte FC reaffirmed this to be fact. 

The Triangle is very much a soccer town. While Charlotte makes more sense in the now. The Triangle has been at the epicenter of youth soccer for decades. I remember playing as a youth and the 3 largest soccer merch catalogues were out of Carrboro, Hillsborough and Cary IIRC. The Triangle also aligns itself with MLS's chief demo. If they can ever get a real ownership group together, they'll have a team in maybe 8 to 10 years. Very few metros in front of them especially with such a high growth trajectory. Now that would be a rivalry to juicy to pass up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DownEast said:

The Triangle is very much a soccer town. While Charlotte makes more sense in the now. The Triangle has been at the epicenter of youth soccer for decades. I remember playing as a youth and the 3 largest soccer merch catalogues were out of Carrboro, Hillsborough and Cary IIRC. The Triangle also aligns itself with MLS's chief demo. If they can ever get a real ownership group together, they'll have a team in maybe 8 to 10 years. Very few metros in front of them especially with such a high growth trajectory. Now that would be a rivalry to juicy to pass up.

Never realized Eurosport (now Soccer.com) was based in Hillsborough.

That said, agree with the Triangle being the epicenter for youth soccer. TFC, CASL, Triangle United, etc were always challenging opponents and were always a majority of the NC ODP program it seemed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DownEast said:

No where did I say the Triangle didn't have soccer.  I said the Charlotte FC reaffirmed Charlotte is the major league sports epicenter of the Carolinas.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:25 AM, InSouthPark said:

Looks like Charlotte FC is about to finalize a training facility in Charlotte:  https://twitter.com/NickKelly/status/1511712601402753030

"Very close on finalizing an agreement for a permanent training facility in Charlotte. More to come soon, but not quite done yet."

Dang - I think that the original plan for Eastland would’ve been best.  I wonder if this does spell the beginning of the end for the Panthers Rockhill Development?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

Charlotte is not the epicenter of biotech.  Triangle is.  Fintech yes, but do not discount large presence of Credit Suise and Fidelity in the Triangle.   25 years from now the Triangle will be the dominant metro in the state.   Population, GDP, etc.   Not a troll thread  just how old industry vs new evolves. 

#delusional

While Wilmington is more of a biotech hot bed than Charlotte, I can't see the Triangle being the "dominant" metro barring some unforseen catastrophe. Even now, Charlotte is only mildly dominant today as the Triangle is slowly closing the gap. 

And to bring this back. CFC road woes continue. But, 2-1 is a respectable road loss in Orlando and Colorado should have been our first road win. #learntopass. Orlando is just a tough place to turn the corner. 

Edited by DownEast
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, DownEast said:

While Wilmington is more of a biotech hot bed than Charlotte, I can't see the Triangle being the "dominant" metro barring some unforseen catastrophe. Even now, Charlotte is only mildly dominant today as the Triangle is slowly closing the gap. 

And to bring this back. CFC road woes continue. But, 2-1 is a respectable road loss in Orlando and Colorado should have been our first road win. #learntopass. Orlando is just a tough place to turn the corner. 

Not that I'd care about the subject, but I wonder if that's actually accurate.

It seems the gap between Charlotte &  Atlanta is growing further apart as is the gap between Raleigh and Charlotte. In a perceptional sense, it feels like those gaps are narrowing, but in what way are they actually (Charlotte to Atlanta and Raleigh to Charlotte) closing the gap?

At least population wise, Atlanta has expanded the gap by 816,000 people over Charlotte since 2000.

2000 MSA Population:

Atlanta: 4,112,198

Charlotte: 1,499,293

Difference: 2,612,905

2020 MSA Population

Atlanta: 6,089,815

Charlotte: 2,660,329

Difference: 3,429,486

(If these numbers are to be trusted and I did the math right... http://www.demographia.com/db-usmet2000.htm   & http://www.iweblists.com/us/population/MetropolitanStatisticalAreaPop.html)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Not that I'd care about the subject, but I wonder if that's actually accurate.

It seems the gap between Charlotte &  Atlanta is growing further apart as is the gap between Raleigh and Charlotte. In a perceptional sense, it feels like those gaps are narrowing, but in what way are they actually (Charlotte to Atlanta and Raleigh to Charlotte) closing the gap?

At least population wise, Atlanta has expanded the gap by 816,000 people over Charlotte since 2000.

2000 MSA Population:

Atlanta: 4,112,198

Charlotte: 1,499,293

Difference: 2,612,905

2020 MSA Population

Atlanta: 6,089,815

Charlotte: 2,660,329

Difference: 3,429,486

(If these numbers are to be trusted and I did the math right... http://www.demographia.com/db-usmet2000.htm   & http://www.iweblists.com/us/population/MetropolitanStatisticalAreaPop.html)

Charlotte population has increased 75%, Atlanta’s 50%. But with a 3.5m lead, will be a while before that gap closes if both cities stay the course. So yeah Charlotte is growing faster but when you had a huge lead and still grow….

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Atlanta metro is humongous but radial so it may seem like it’s not but it is. Simply Atlanta just happens to be at the center. NC and GA have roughly the same population. If Charlotte were to catch up or even get relatively close it would mean that NC would either 1. Suddenly be populated mostly in the Charlotte Metro. (Unlikely obviously…and very dense.) or 2. Gain a few million more residents than GA as a whole and all in the Charlotte metro alone. There is no one dominant city in NC BECAUSE it is so spread out in nodes. Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Asheville (just under 100k). These are all cities with hundreds of thousands of people. Metro areas with hundreds of thousands and some near half a million people. NC is very spread out with no great all indisputable dominant city. (Look no further than this thread to see the disagreement). The triangle is a powerhouse area just as Charlotte is. Both great cities in their own respects and each city does some things better than the other. The Piedmont crescent is much more comparable to Atlanta. If that were a metro area it would most definitely rival Atlanta.

The Real Triangle. Charlotte, Triad, and Triangle:

431f818daf876572ab0638ba9a602ce5.jpg

• Like 4