MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

• 3 weeks later...

9 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

BofA was a mad house. Wish we could open the upper deck more often. 

Me too! Besides the first game etc, the upper deck last game really provides an affordable price point for families. I believe it was around $15 dollars a pop for center field which is excellent.  Also helps draw in casual or first time mls fans too.  Night CLTFC games are a different vibe and energy level…love it.  If we don’t get a SSS anytime soon, I’d like them to someday have Charlotte FC branded covers to cover the upper deck when not in use like some old renderings showed. Not a biggie if they don’t but optics wise I think it could look better and cooler when the upper deck is not utilized. If we had a SSS we’d be selling out every single game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Me too! Besides the first game etc, the upper deck last game really provides an affordable price point for families. I believe it was around $15 dollars a pop for center field which is excellent.  Also helps draw in casual or first time mls fans too.  Night CLTFC games are a different vibe and energy level…love it.  If we don’t get a SSS anytime soon, I’d like them to someday have Charlotte FC branded covers to cover the upper deck when not in use like some old renderings showed. Not a biggie if they don’t but optics wise I think it could look better and cooler when the upper deck is not utilized. If we had a SSS we’d be selling out every single game.

Yep, I believe tickets we $15,20, and 30 in the upper deck. That is a price performer. Honestly would love to see every Saturday night game having the upper level opened. Could possibly get up to 40k a night for those. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just announced: MLS HQ 

https://www.charlottefootballclub.com/news/charlotte-fc-to-open-permanent-training-facility-and-business-headquarters

No plans or renderings yet but based on the location...I can't imagine it will be much more than some offices and 4 pitches.  

And the owner/partner:  Levine Properties.

What could wrong with partnering with a developer that doesn't develop. LOL

• Like 2

Yea, that Tepper-Levine pairing is inspired. I sometimes wonder if Levine hate reads Urbanplanet after a few drinks.

Also a little surprised that Tepper has walked away from city subsidies for this facility (yea, this strategy speeds things up, except for the Levine wild card)

I wonder how long the lease agreement is for? This feels kinda temporary.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Since Tepper isn't going to own the land, I would think "permanent" training facility is going to be nothing but a quick and dirty refurb until Pipe and Foundry done.   Its to be ready in Spring 2023...you could barely build a new house that quick.  

Sounds like they're just going to rehab the existing building and install new fields. Probably light on the interior rehab too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Sounds like they're just going to rehab the existing building and install new fields. Probably light on the interior rehab too.

Yeah.  I don't see how anyone considers this a win for anyone, including the players.   They were promised a shiny new practice facility and are getting an industrial office park building next to...plumbing supply and a Mexican restaurant and the dumpiest part of Monroe Rd.  My daughter used to go to Zenith Gymnastics right there and that area is a dump.  

• Like 2

Yeah.  I don't see how anyone considers this a win for anyone, including the players.   They were promised a shiny new practice facility and are getting an industrial office park building next to...plumbing supply and a Mexican restaurant and the dumpiest part of Monroe Rd.  My daughter used to go to Zenith Gymnastics right there and that area is a dump.  

This might be a quick and dirty solution for MLS and Panthers are likely to stay in the stadium where they are now.

https://www.charlottepipe.com/Documents/PressReleases/CharlottePipeRezoningRelease_1.20.21.pdf

Considering CLTPipe&Foundry Co. is scheduled to start operations of their new plant as early as 3rd Quarter 2023. Not sure what TSE is thinking but it’s not that far fetched of an idea. Who knows what they’re planning at this point.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, JeanClt said:

This might be a quick and dirty solution for MLS and Panthers are likely to stay in the stadium where they are now.

https://www.charlottepipe.com/Documents/PressReleases/CharlottePipeRezoningRelease_1.20.21.pdf

Considering CLTPipe&Foundry Co. is scheduled to start operations of their new plant as early as 3rd Quarter 2023. Not sure what TSE is thinking but it’s not that far fetched of an idea. Who knows what they’re planning at this point.

TSE probably planning to stay on the cheap with the HQ & Practice facilities for both teams until Tepper decides to turn the screws & stretch the rack to Mecklenburg County Taxpayers on a new Stadium. :shok:

Speaking of revenue…I think I’ve mentioned this before but we are in a unique situation (pros and cons) of being one of only a few teams playing in a nfl stadium. They did a good job of partially opening the upper level throughout the season but they should open the entire stadium every first home opener. It not only helps with revenue and helps cushion attendance numbers a bit, but creates an unbelievable environment. Other than the NFC championship game for the panthers, Charlotte fc’s packed home opener was my all time 2nd favorite experience in that stadium. With the already strong fan support they quickly created, I feel like they could sellout their home opener at full capacity fairly regularly. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

Team looking to have 70k+ for the first home game Saturday. If the weather ends up being nice I think they can do it! 

Depends on how one defines nice.... current forecast for Saturday is around 50 degrees at 7:30PM and then dropping into the mid/upper 40's as the night goes on. 

Today's CBJ "Daimler Truck North America becomes Charlotte FC's third founding sponsor" by Erik Spanberg

Excerpt:  "Charlotte FC has added two new sponsors this week and revamped its beer partnerships in the lead-up to the Major League Soccer team's season opener tomorrow.  Daimler Truck North America has been added as a founding-level sponsor, the team’s most expensive and high-profile partnerships.  The club’s other founding-level corporate backers are Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) and Atrium Health.  Ally is the team’s top sponsor, spending an estimated $8 million annually for a rights package that includes putting the bank’s name across the front of Charlotte FC game jerseys."  "Terms for Daimler's agreement were not disclosed, though the team and company did say it's a multiyear agreement.  The sponsorship includes a commitment by Daimler to participate in Pitches for Progress, a program created by Charlotte FC to fund and built mini-pitches (soccer fields) in disadvantaged neighborhoods."

"According to tracking firm SponsorUnited, FC finished its inaugural season ranked in the top quarter of the 28-team MLS for sponsorship revenue.  MLS will grow to 29 teams this season with an expansion team in St. Louis."  "Charlotte FC begins its second season in MLS tomorrow against New England at Bank of America Stadium.  In 2022, the team’s home debut attracted a league-record single-match crowd of 74,479.  As of yesterday, ticket sales had surpassed 60,000 for this weekend’s match.

Link:  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/02/24/charlotte-fc-sponsors-daimler-truck-north-america.html                

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...