tozmervo

MLS in Charlotte?

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Atlanta is just mind boggling.  Arthur Blank and even Carl Lindner of Cincy should be required to mentor any new franchise owner in MLS on how to do things. 

The attendance for last night’s MLS All-Star game in Atlanta  was 72,317, the second-largest attendance ever of any All-Star Game across all  North American sport leagues. By all accounts Atlanta  put on one heck of a party. It was an entertaining match too, which is sometimes hard for in-season All-Star games.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/08/01/2018-mls-all-star-game-sell-out-will-break-asg-attendance-record

• Like 1

I came across this article a few days ago. It's got some interesting insight into how soccer has grown in Atlanta. While we lack the superstar support, I'm curious to see how the impact of what's happened there impacts popularity and growth in our own city. It's a pretty interesting read.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2791278-listen-to-the-kids-how-atlanta-became-the-black-soccer-capital-of-america.amp.html

The run at Five Points station is only one part of a vibrant soccer scene that has grown feverishly in and around the city in recent years. "I would say that soccer is the biggest sport in Atlanta," says Ryan Glover, an appointee to MARTA's board of directors and soccer dad to two daughters. "Above the Falcons, above the Braves and certainly above the Hawks." If you drive around Atlanta, it's not difficult to see: Soccer is everywhere—from the east side to the west, from the inner city to the suburbs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Note to Tepper, get on the train and get us a team...I'm ready.  NC can support 2 teams by the way.

• Like 1

I think so if it comes with renovation to the stadium that allows a more intimate configuration for MLS matches.  Atlanta and Seattle are the exceptions attendance wise in the league everyone points to but for each of those there's a New England Revolution that has terrible optics that the league wants to get away from..  Hence the strong push for expansion in soccer specific stadiums

20140412_170900.jpg

18 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do you guys think MLS would accept Teppers idea for the Panthers to share Stadium with an MLS Franchise?

Not in the current stadium.