MLS in Charlotte - 2021

tozmervo

35 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The idea of MLS HQ at Eastland is cool but how much space would associated practice fields take up?  I’d like to see dense development at Eastland but with the new CMS School there and talk of Practice field(s) for soccer, would sufficient acreage/space be left for Transit based dense development?  

The current Panthers facilities are 33 acres, so it could be about half.

37 minutes ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Charlotte FC followed by Charlotte Athletic... anything else and I will protest

Charlotte FC, Charlotte Athletic, and Charlotte Town FC are the only good ones on this list. I can't believe we're actually considering names like "Charlotte Fortune" and other money names in 2019, that would be an insane misstep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Charlotte FC, Charlotte Athletic, and Charlotte Town FC are the only good ones on this list. I can't believe we're actually considering names like "Charlotte Fortune" and other money names in 2019, that would be an insane misstep.

I don't like Charlotte Town FC simply because I think it'll add more confusion with Charleston. Too much. Charlotte FC is all we need. 

• Like 4

What kind of modifications will we see to BofA? Will it mostly be to fit BofA for a soccer field or will there be some fan related renovations? 
Not sure of any fan related updates, but some specific items I've seen mentioned is adding a central tunnel for teams to use (as opposed to the corner ones used in football) and adding camera bays for shots specific to football, I mean soccer. Also, the clock will need to be programmed to count up to 45, rather than count down from 15.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

What kind of modifications will we see to BofA? Will it mostly be to fit BofA for a soccer field or will there be some fan related renovations? 

30 minutes ago, swh1972 said:

Not sure of any fan related updates, but some specific items I've seen mentioned is adding a central tunnel for teams to use (as opposed to the corner ones used in football) and adding camera bays for shots specific to football, I mean soccer. Also, the clock will need to be programmed to count up to 45, rather than count down from 15.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

They'll have to add a central tunnel (although the Sounders and visitors come from the corners at CenturyLink so I'm not sure why this is now a requirement) and locker rooms at a minimum. Also new camera locations. Beyond that the fields are close enough in dimension that nothing really has to change. They might tarp off some of the upper level seats, they'll replace some stadium banners and signage and stuff on game day... that's about it, especially if the colors match.

3 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

They'll have to add a central tunnel (although the Sounders and visitors come from the corners at CenturyLink so I'm not sure why this is now a requirement) and locker rooms at a minimum. Also new camera locations. Beyond that the fields are close enough in dimension that nothing really has to change. They might tarp off some of the upper level seats, they'll replace some stadium banners and signage and stuff on game day... that's about it, especially if the colors match.

The central tunnel is what I can't figure out, especially if Tepper plans on replacing the stadium within 10 years. I know the soccer specific stadiums for the LA Galaxy and Dallas do not have a central tunnel and  I haven't seen any discussion of one being added to Soldier Field.

6 hours ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

I don't like Charlotte Town FC simply because I think it'll add more confusion with Charleston. Too much. Charlotte FC is all we need. 

It's what this town was originally called when it was incorporated, Charlotte FC is just too plain. I could care less about what confuses people.

Agreed, central tunnel is not necessary.  CenturyLink Field doesn't have the central tunnel for the Sounders, so not quite sure why they'd need it here.  

Also,  those names are generally atrocious.  Charlotte FC is the clear (yet most boring) choice of those bunch, but I'd like to see more creativity.  That's why I'm such a big proponent of Queen City Rangers of Charlotte FC, or QCR Charlotte FC, abbreviated as QCR.  Oi oi oi!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kickazzz2000 said:

I like Charlotte Athletic or Charlotte FC.   Royal Charlotte FC would be good.

Queen City Royals would piss Cincinnati off which would be hilarious.

One of the most popular clubs in the world- Real Madrid CF - real means royal in Spanish. There’s a lot of history with that name and club. They started off as Madrid FC. Only later did they earn the title “Real”.... would seem foolish to go that route. Charlotte FC is my vote and ideally one day we are crowned “Royal Charlotte FC”

• Like 3