High-Speed Rail

bic

I hope Amtrak gets every nickel of it.

Not only because I support Amtrak, but because the anti-rail goofballs hate it & for Amtrak to get the money would be a small defeat for those fools.

Besides.... why should some other state get our rail money???

Amtrak couldn't get a proposal together quick enough unfortunately. I would have loved it too. I'm thinking that with all the decision reversals Scott had as of late, the admittance of bad information (lying) from the attorney and some other things I've seen, someone has some information on Scott that he doesn't want let out, and HSR might become zombie rail. Of course I'm just speculating. But this, following the news of his reversals on the pill mills and disability cuts, really has me wondering.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amtrak couldn't get a proposal together quick enough unfortunately. I would have loved it too. I'm thinking that with all the decision reversals Scott had as of late, the admittance of bad information (lying) from the attorney and some other things I've seen, someone has some information on Scott that he doesn't want let out, and HSR might become zombie rail. Of course I'm just speculating. But this, following the news of his reversals on the pill mills and disability cuts, really has me wondering.

DO you get the feeling that something is up? These recent reversals have been stunning.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm finally getting over the loss of HSR so I decided to do some research to see what other options were available. I found a great study mostly about just improving the existing CSX line from Orlando to Tampa and I think this looks awesome. The travel time would be about 1 hour and 30 minutes from downtown to downtown. I think that's actually a better scenario than HSR for a fraction of the cost. Dealing with CSX for the Auburndale to Tamapa portion is the only tricky part I think. Thoughts?

http://fdotrailtrafficevaluation.com/images/Maps%20and%20PDFs/December%20Reports/FDOT%20Passenger%20Rail%20Options%20Technical%20Memorandum%2011092009.pdf

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived