Name the new UFL team

MadVlad

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Hartford UFL team be named?

• Hartford Hellions
    • Hartford Colonials
    • Hartford Knights
    • Hartford Whalers
    • Hartford Dark Blues
    • Hartford Rattlers
    • Hartford Vultures
  2. 2. Should the UFL team be named after the region, State, or city?

• Hartford
    • Connecticut
    • New England

The name Sentinel's will change.... so, what should it be? What I'll do is let people make some suggestions, then I'll make a poll next week and let everyone vote.

I like the name Scorpions, but it doesn't fit, and there are no scorpions in CT. Here's a few more: Colonials, Rhinos, Vultures, Copters, Chupacabras, Rattlers, Asps, Black Mambas, Hammerheads, Barracudas.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name Sentinel's will change.... so, what should it be? What I'll do is let people make some suggestions, then I'll make a poll next week and let everyone vote.

I like the name Scorpions, but it doesn't fit, and there are no scorpions in CT. Here's a few more: Colonials, Rhinos, Vultures, Copters, Chupacabras, Rattlers, Asps, Black Mambas, Hammerheads, Barracudas.

First of all....congrats to Hartford for landing a UFL Team....

Silverbacks would be my 1st choice...Rhino's 2nd choice...Colonials might work with Sentinels old name?? Battlers instead of Rattlers..Rattlers or Scorpions would be good name for Arizona.

The UFL needs to expand to 8 teams...

Wow! Only 5,201 in attendance for the Championship Game....ALL of the games need to average at least 20-25,000 to make this thing work...

I really liked the name and logo for the Hellions when they existed. Of course today you would probably draw fire from religious groups. I do like names that are significant to Hartford/Connecticut. I love the name the Whalers but I think thats worth waiting on before using again. Names like the Hartford 45s, Hartford Blackhawks, Hartford Jets, etc. appeal to me.

I don't think the Hartford Whalers excluded anyone because they weren't the Connecticut Whalers. I don't think the Avalanche would draw any different if they were the Denver Avalanche. I think if they were the Colorado Bumblebee's, then you'd have a problem. And what about the areas that aren't Connecticut? Would people from Springfield, or Holyoke, or Agawam not go to a team because they don't live in CT? I think naming a team after a State because you're afraid you'll exclude someone is flawed logic.

I went with colonials, because even though this is a renegade league so to speak like the XFL, Hartford is not Las Vegas. its not a renegade town, and team names that are too "bad ass" do not fit the city or state.

Something steeped in history is so much more the hartford way in my opinion.

I guess I am thinking Hartford is more of a "classic" town rather than a modern new aged kind of progressive town.

where do the Rhinos come fom?

Rochester has a soccer team called the rhinos, and as much as i like the team and what they have done for soccer in central NY, i do not like that name. if there were a reason to call the team the rhinos I would be interested to hear it. if in fact the sporting world has used up all the other cool animals, and we wanted to be associated with the one with the largest um.... male member, thats cool, but it just seems out of place in New England, and the fact that another Rhinos is allready out of place in the North East only compounds it.

Ok, let's try this again, what should the UFL team in Hartford be named? I personally despise naming teams after States or regions, it's a smoke screen that supposedly includes more people, which is stupid. People are into winners, plain and simple, the Dallas Cowboys fans that live in CT are not put off because they aren't the North American Cowboys. I'm also vehemently opposed to Hartford Whalers, that is something totally different, no idea why that suggestion gets traction, but it does for some reason. I'm a big fan of the Vultures, which is why it's here, but I'm probably alone. Rhinos sounds good to me because rhinos are bad-ass, there is no significance. i also don't feel that a team name needs any significance, but I left in the Colonials because it DOES have significance, and it's popular. Not sure what kind of cool symbol you can get with Colonials, and it isn't as wicked or rugged a name as Knights or hellions, but I'm sure someone smarter than me can figure something out.

The Knights is the only viable choice on that list, the rest are horrible. You can also manually enter a name, so those aren't the ONLY 4, just the choices they gave you. Also, one of those names, the Yankees, violates their own rule of no name that is currently used by an existing professional sports team.

Archived