DES MOINES

NorthStar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pictures! I like Des Moines...I've speant alot of time there. Even though Des Moines is only a metro of 500,000 plus, it has a big city feel. Plus, it is a very clean city; I was riding in the car with my brother when he threw trash out the window, and a cop actually pulled us over and gave my brother a ticket, that's something that would never happen in KC...

Really nice to see some Des Moines photos. I liked all the pics, especially the evening shot. From the aerials I can see that there is lots of room for growth, which is a good thing. I do not know about the rest of the city, but the core seems to be nicely laid out. The bridges provide nice entrances and exits to the center and I am sure that the riverfront will see massive development in the future. Since I've never been to Des Moines I can't pretend to know anything about it, but the bird's eye view shows lots of future. Great thread!!!

Allow me to share a few more that I found:

DwnTwnDM1-L.jpg

DMRiver-L.jpg

16.jpg

1129347_ph.jpg

dsmiae01.jpg

C007_Des_Moines_Skyline_Des_Moines.gif

You're right, It has a big city feel(look), but most of the businesses up there close before 9pm, like a small town...and the streets are bare...P.S. too many rules, the kids can only trick-or-treat for two hours on halloween, 8pm-10pm, any other hours it's against the law!...

Guest donaltopablo

Des Moines definitely seems to have a lot of big city attitude to it. It's also regularly rank on those Best Cities lists. I haven't been since I was a kid, but the pictures make it look like a worth while visit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Those are some great pictures...my parents travel back and forth often between Japan and Iowa...we always end up somewhere near Des Moines...I've been in the downtown and it is nice...much nicer than some parts of Japan, if they had the density of Japan this would be the focus of town, but as of now everything seems to revolve around the western suburbs...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived