MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

26 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

it seems like it was some kind of repair way back.  

Could very well have been, but sometimes those brick color variations would just happen due to what they got sent to them from whoever supplied the bricks for the project. If you look up around the very top of both the tower and the west wall parapet, there is actually a third color.

Could have been an addition, too.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Are they going to leave Church St the way it is as a bridge next to the stadium where the pond was?

There still is another pond on the other side.  After spending all the $$ to build the "bridge" I think it would be a big  expense to level the hill the bridge sits on.

On 9/30/2016 at 8:41 AM, Closet_Urbanite said:

OK this quoting thing is driving me bonkers. 

Anyway, it looks like the original church structure suffered significant damage in the past and new bricks were ordered from another company. Just from looking at the building on the street I fear there is serious structural damage to the interior. It would be interesting to know if any of the original appointments/furnishings are still inside. That being said, I would like to see it preserved and restored.  

It looks like it's still an active church: Greater Refuge Memorial Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, aka The Posterity Church. The actual address is 596 West Church Street. The website says it's from 1892, but was damaged and condemned multiple times (last by the 2004 hurricanes--how apropos). It doesn't look like any of the interior is original, but the outside is definitely worth preserving. 

12 hours ago, jrs2 said:

^^

people that listen to metal (Preds) vs people that listen to Coldplay (soccer)...dunno...maybe...

Did you ever go to a Preds game?  I've seen a lot of diverse groups there.  White, black, Hispanic, Asian, whatever.  I don't listen to a lot of Coldplay anymore (that said, the first two albums were great) but I'm definitely not big into metal either. 

• 1 month later...