MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

It would only take a couple hundred thousands dollars to fix up the place. Tear up the concrete, lay down some top soil ( hopefully it's not contaminated soil), and lay down new grass and some trees. It's really not that difficult and pricey. That will due for right now.

Edited by tc01

32 minutes ago, tc01 said:

It would only take a couple hundred thousands dollars to fix up the place. Tear up the concrete, lay down some top soil ( hopefully it's not contaminated soil), and lay down new grass and some trees. It's really not that difficult and pricey. That will due for right now.

Didn't they buy all that land as well? 

2 hours ago, tc01 said:

I would think they might want to pave it and use it as a parking area for certain non-vendor employees and various types of service and delivery vehicles, etc.

Seems like they'd need something like that.

1 hour ago, jgardnerucf said:

Heck no pavement! Yes, grass and trees! C'mon now.

Yeah, I agree that the section in question, with the concrete and which also has a few trees on it, would be much nicer as a little landscaped park that was somehow associated with or incorporated into the stadium. Maybe some benches and places to relax before a game, etc.

But on the other side across Pine St over to Central, there's a big empty grass field, where I would think they'd pretty much have to provide some type of paved lot for things like delivery vehicles and even TV transmission trucks for televised games, etc.

But I don't really know. Just kind of opining.

2 hours ago, OrlandoMagicLions said:

OCSC now owns the entire block until Terry MINUS the 40 million dollar Church. Any news on what they plan to do with it? I really hope they buy out the church because it looks super awkward where it is right now.

Some of us on here had hoped with enough crowds and tailgating (especially if we get a lot of Sunday games next season) the church will eventually tire out of the noise coming from the tailgaters and from the stadium itself come game time, plus having to put up with general hooliganism from our rowdier fans. I can already see them begin to start looking for a new church to move to before the season ends. And they will probably sell their property at market value or less, can't really feel sorry for them as they had the golden opportunity to take the millions offered for their church and build a nice new church somewhere else or even stay within Parramore (so many empty lots to choose from!) since they were so adamant about staying in Parramore.

It doesn't help them that they were fighting to keep what is ultimately an unremarkable and plain little church, a newer structure built in an anti-urban fashion (I personally dislike that they have an unsightly parking lot in front of their church). If it was a church of a similar caliber to St. James or St. Luke's or even that brick church on Church and Terry, then I probably would have joined them and defended the church. From an architectural and urbanist standpoint I couldn't defend the church in its current state, yet their stubbornness to the point of forcing OCSC to sever Parramore Ave, demolish a recently built park for Parramore residents, and essentially splitting the neighborhood in a critical point, on top of being just plain greedy and asking for an unrealistic amount of money, just drained what sympathy I did originally have for the church.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 2:53 PM, tc01 said:

I'm hoping that's the case and that they're saving the park as a final project once the stadium is complete. 

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

My understanding is that the capacity is 25,500, including standing sections. (increased from 19,500)

From the OS article posted on page 24 of this thread about 18 months ago...

"Orlando City owner Flávio Augusto da Silva announced Friday the franchise will privately finance the construction of a 25,000 to 28,000-seat downtown soccer-specific stadium. The stadium, originally envisioned and pitched as a city-owned venue, will now be owned and operated privately by Orlando City.

The decision was finalized one week ago: Orlando City would privately finance construction of a stadium with an expanded capacity between 25,000 and 28,000."

Link

That is all I've heard so far.

Don't know if the final capacity has been determined or announced since then.

On 12/16/2016 at 7:03 PM, dcluley98 said:

Yeah, I don't know why I said 28.5. I was just responding to that post to mention that the standing section doesn't allow for an increase in capacity and I used the same number he did.