MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

• 1 month later...

New video for OCSC website on the stadium. . . Getting closer and closer to opening day!

http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/candidate/latest/skin-plugin/iframe.html?ec=AyMjNyODE6-MJseoYOrCldnxGyiFzKs-&pbid=ab9971c7f01e4c40976867c7bc42c2d0&pcode=RuMjIyOjWDgT8U1IDPylJmLGUcuC

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tc01 said:

I did not hear anything regarding the land close to the stadium. I guess we will hear something as it nears the completion date. I'm surprised of no naming rights to the stadium. 

Knowing Orlando, the stadium will probably be named 7-11 Stadium.

I think the land to the east of the stadium is supposed to be either a park or an open lawn space where people can tailgate. If I recall correctly, it was proposed as "Parramore Heritage Square" or something like that in the Parramore Comprehensive Neighborhood Plan. Problem is, that little church gets in the way of things by stubbornly remaining between the stadium and the vacant land.

I see on the webcam that they are beginning to tear up the old concrete pavement east of the church.  OCSC owns all of the property not used in the original location and plan to make it a fan zone area.  They are also teaming up with the City to hold a weekly farmers market there.  I'd think they'd shoot for Saturdays (match permitting) so as not to compete directly with the Lake Eola Farmers Market on Sundays.  I think fewer than half of the 17 MLS home matches are on Saturdays, and most, if not all, of those are in the evening.  Not sure of the USL and NWSL schedules.  But I think a farmers market and a USL/NWSL match can coexist.

Edited by cwetteland
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Racing toward the finish line. Crews working 24/7. They are testing the video board tonight. They are going to somehow pull this off it looks like.  Very excited !  Also if people are looking for lots for GameDay still my friend at Brokenness cauldron brewery next to the stadium has some spots still available. 

IMG_7569.JPG

• Like 2

Orlando City posted another video on their site of the finished stadium in drone shots.  Looks beautiful.  I am getting psyched for opening day. Got my tickets, and they announced it is already sold out.  It is gonna be an awesome experience. Once in a lifetime do you get to open a stadium for your home team.  Awesome!

Here is the link: http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2017/02/21/march-5th-horizon?autoplay=true

And some screen-caps:

Orlando City Aerial.png

Orlando City View.png

Modera will look nice filling that gap in the middle. . . Tremont and Magic EC would look nice too if they ever make those happen!

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4