MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

No, it has been complete for a while. I just brought the thread back up because they said they have a new investor of $40+ million and are ready to take on new projects. There is speculation this could be training facility or other developments around the stadium like they have shown in prior renderings. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

almost positive its the training center. Almost every other MLS team has built one or is planning to.  I was hoping by now that major investors /developers would have lined up to build around the new stadium.  From the looks of the renderings, the city would like to revitalize the area. There had been talks of breweries popping up around the stadium as well... haven't heard anything lately. Unfortunately IMO Orlando does not have the deep pockets like other cities or there may be little interest to do this, if not, it would have already been started or at least permitted.

Not bashing Orlando, but most projects here take FOREVER to get off the ground (ie, Magic complex) ...where as Atlanta announced a new (Falcons)MB Stadium and it IMMEDIATELY got started, same with Suntrust Park with the Braves. Now MB stadium has been open less than a 1 year and they are starting to redevelop massive areas around the stadium after LESS THAN 1 YEAR. The BatteryATL has already been built as well around ST Park. Its been over a year our stadium has been open and we cant even lay grass and finish a damn park??? Just seems crazy to me...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've tried several times to take an interest in soccer.  It really is an awful game, though.  I've tried to nurture an interest in my nieces and nephews, but they have none.  Although, my one nephew is an insanely good golfer for only being 8 and I can't figure out how his grandfather (other side) got him into that.  They are golf buddies, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

too bad the AC by Marriott at CSP won't be open yet to benefit from it. 

Rather, too bad the Amway convention hotel won't be completed either- oh, wait...

• Like 1

Would have rathered the ASG be awarded in 2021 so brightline,  sunrail to MCO would be hopefully be complete as well as I-4 and ST Plaza and DPAC

Atl put on a great week this year and we are going to look @ss backwards having it right behind them. I hope Sunrail has nights and weekend schedules that week at least along with shuttles from Hotels to stations. Would have also been nice to have magic complex done as well...HA!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Would have rathered the ASG be awarded in 2021 so brightline,  sunrail to MCO would be hopefully be complete as well as I-4 and ST Plaza and DPAC

Atl put on a great week this year and we are going to look @ss backwards having it right behind them. I hope Sunrail has nights and weekend schedules that week at least along with shuttles from Hotels to stations. Would have also been nice to have magic complex done as well...HA!

Orlando should make a giant sign of this.

Image result for please excuse our appearance

Edited by orange87

• 1 month later...

"Flavio Buys Church, Names 7-11 Corporate Sponsor!"  Owner tells media, that concessionaire will be replaced by 7-11 accompaniments and The Slurpee Section will feature free unlimited frosty beverages. As many as 4 full stores will replace current concourse amenities with the likes of full beverage glass front cases and snack aisles, as well as big bites and taquitos. Owner also says, if the Lions win any game from here on out, he will buy all attendees at that game a Slurpee, $5 of Lotto quick picks, a pack of Parliaments, and an iPhone 4s adapter without cord. One lucky person will get a $500 shopping spree to use exclusively at Thornton Park 7-11 at 2am on Sat nights.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1