MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

The Club said the design will still basically be the same, I would expect the west stand to be expanded to get the extra couple thousand along with three corners filled in. They could also just make the stadium same design but a little larger, make the stands taller and add ten extra rows to each side. With all the space on the west side i don't think it will be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored some free tickets and went to our first Lions game last night.  Still not interested in soccer, but saw the really impressive fan base they have.  Went past the stadium site.  That should be an excellent location, I might go if they build that brewery!

Overall, a good time.  We used the Lymmo Grapefruit line to get there after parking on Central @ Lake Eola for World of Beer.  We joined the throngs on the Lynx transfer busses to the Amway Center, then took the Lymmo Grapefruit line back to our cars.

• 1 month later...

With the exception of the last pic with the score board in the corner, most of these look like the original plan.  Some of the pictures above still show Church Street side open, except as I mentioned, the last one.  Maybe that's why the link does work now, and there is no mention on the OCSC website.

I hope the new roof design is lit up with LEDs shining on it. It'd look great with some different hues of purple and yellow circling around the top like waves or something. Overall the new design looks nice. I don't know why the signs at the top of the stands couldn't be digital. In fact there doesn't seem to be a lot of digital signage at all on this stadium.

With the exception of the last pic with the score board in the corner, most of these look like the original plan.  Some of the pictures above still show Church Street side open, except as I mentioned, the last one.  Maybe that's why the link does work now, and there is no mention on the OCSC website.

The first pic is the old design, the second pic is the new design with the Church St side completely filled and the bar/jumbo tron moved to the corner. It is the same angle and there is no longer any open spaceIt's going to be officially unveiled at 10:30 today with more renderings.

New stadium essentially puts another Grand Stand on Church Street side. Corners still not filled in so probably can be expanded further in future.

image.jpg

Only this corner is not filled...you can see the opposite corner goes all the way to the top and my guess is the same for the other two. At the very least the two corners next to the supporters will be full stands top to bottom, except no roof.

Edited by Pete C

That Church is going to look so out of place stuck in the middle of all this though. I'm surprised they have not come around yet. I wonder if Orlando City has gone directly to them yet now that the City is not involved. You would think they would want full control over this entire mega block. 

That Church is going to look so out of place stuck in the middle of all this though. I'm surprised they have not come around yet. I wonder if Orlando City has gone directly to them yet now that the City is not involved. You would think they would want full control over this entire mega block. 

Let them hold out for the 40 million lol. 

I'm a little upset they are moving the flame blowing lion from main gate to the back side.

Edited by OrlandoMagicLions

Regarding the church, they're gonna be loving life.  OC bought the land that was going to be part of the original site to use for "fan zone."  The Ruckus and the ILF should make Sunday games especially entertaining. Can I get an Amen?

Well they had every right to hold out for the highest amount the City could "afford" to fork over. The same way FUMCO squeezed the City of Orlando out of $35M+ even though the property value wasn't worth anywhere where near that amount. The Parramore church just didn't plan on their hold-out plan backfiring since a contract was never signed. Unlike FUMCO which locked the city into a contract pretty much guaranteeing millions of dollars if the City walked away - a win win for the church lol. The whole thing is kind of disgusting IMO.

They did buy the land at the height of the market and it is considerably more valuable vs soccer stadium site. Also, the board at the church has a who's who of Orlando as members. Very smart people that were determined to get a great deal. With that being said, the City overpaid like usual for DPAC's site. 

If I recall at first the city was going to build the PAC, but held off buying the land, then they weren't going to build the PAC, and so FUMCO put money into the building on that land.  Then not long after it was completed, the city decided again they were going to build the PAC.  So FUMCO was jerked around quite a bit.

• Like 1

If I recall at first the city was going to build the PAC, but held off buying the land, then they weren't going to build the PAC, and so FUMCO put money into the building on that land.  Then not long after it was completed, the city decided again they were going to build the PAC.  So FUMCO was jerked around quite a bit.

Yes. The city jerked the church around for well over 10 years. So, the church decided to go ahead and spend 6m to develop that land and another building. Next thing you know the city was knocking at the door. The rebuilding process was a nightmare for the church and it's ministries. 

This church has done so much for this city, shaped it course, and want's to continue doing so.