Claussen Bakery

vicupstate

The Claussen Bakery building has recently been bought by investors, and they have not determined the future use. I saw this link in the Columbia forum about a Wonder Bread building in Columbus Ohio being converted into a multi-faceted art-oriented venue.

Check it out. I think this would be a great idea for the Claussen building. There are other buildings adjacent to Claussen that could be annexes to the bakery as well.

Thoughts ? Other ideas for Claussen?

Wonderland Columbus

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

The Claussen Bakery building has recently been bought by investors, and they have not determined the future use. I saw this link in the Columbia forum about a Wonder Bread building in Columbus Ohio being converted into a multi-faceted art-oriented venue.

Check it out. I think this would be a great idea for the Claussen building. There are other buildings adjacent to Claussen that could be annexes to the bakery as well.

Thoughts ? Other ideas for Claussen?

Wonderland Columbus

Hi Great minds think alike. I am trying to start this in Greenville at Claussen or another location. If you'd like to fine out more please visit

My link

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Greenhaus-of-Greenville/187430271294896

• 1 year later...

Renovation of the Claussen Bakery building won an AIA Award in the 'unbuilt' category. This was on pg 50 of the March issue of Greenville Business.

Does anyone know if this is truly in the works or if it was was a 'proposal' from a CLemson student?

Most of the projects that won an award were real projects but one (an assisted living facility on Main in the West End) was listed as a' proposal'

The submission was done by a local design firm in response to a design comp organized by the developers of the property. Unfortunately, it was not chosen...but still won a design award. Go figure.

So are the developers planning to renovate the property but picked a different design? Any word on what (if anything) they are planning?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So McMillan Pazdan Smith will be moving into the renovated bakery as a tenant on the second floor. From what I have heard, Elliott Davis will be taking over MPS's old space in 200 East Broad, givin them 3 full floors in that building. Hopefully this is true and no vacant office space will be added to the market as a result of the shuffle.

So McMillan Pazdan Smith will be moving into the renovated bakery as a tenant on the second floor. From what I have heard, Elliott Davis will be taking over MPS's old space in 200 East Broad, givin them 3 full floors in that building. Hopefully this is true and no vacant office space will be added to the market as a result of the shuffle.

ED just got a big Microsoft contract, so that would make sense. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived