Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicupstate

Claussen Bakery

29 posts in this topic

The Claussen Bakery building has recently been bought by investors, and they have not determined the future use. I saw this link in the Columbia forum about a Wonder Bread building in Columbus Ohio being converted into a multi-faceted art-oriented venue.

Check it out. I think this would be a great idea for the Claussen building. There are other buildings adjacent to Claussen that could be annexes to the bakery as well.

Thoughts ? Other ideas for Claussen?

Wonderland Columbus

Edited by vicupstate

I'd love to see it become minimal multi use with 2 or so restaurants and three to four great retail shops, one being a butcher or baker, much like Star Provisions in Atlanta.

The Claussen Bakery building has recently been bought by investors, and they have not determined the future use. I saw this link in the Columbia forum about a Wonder Bread building in Columbus Ohio being converted into a multi-faceted art-oriented venue.

Check it out. I think this would be a great idea for the Claussen building. There are other buildings adjacent to Claussen that could be annexes to the bakery as well.

Thoughts ? Other ideas for Claussen?

Wonderland Columbus

Hi Great minds think alike. I am trying to start this in Greenville at Claussen or another location. If you'd like to fine out more please visit

My link

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Greenhaus-of-Greenville/187430271294896

Renovation of the Claussen Bakery building won an AIA Award in the 'unbuilt' category. This was on pg 50 of the March issue of Greenville Business.

Does anyone know if this is truly in the works or if it was was a 'proposal' from a CLemson student?

Most of the projects that won an award were real projects but one (an assisted living facility on Main in the West End) was listed as a' proposal'

Was the claussen proposal by a student? I know the assisted living facility was a graduate level studio project.

The submission was done by a local design firm in response to a design comp organized by the developers of the property. Unfortunately, it was not chosen...but still won a design award. Go figure.

The submission was done by a local design firm in response to a design comp organized by the developers of the property. Unfortunately, it was not chosen...but still won a design award. Go figure.

So are the developers planning to renovate the property but picked a different design? Any word on what (if anything) they are planning?

This will be a great adaptive re-use development. It will be nice to see this section of Augusta Street redeveloped. There seems to be a lot of momentum with the YWCA and Scott Towers projects.

So McMillan Pazdan Smith will be moving into the renovated bakery as a tenant on the second floor. From what I have heard, Elliott Davis will be taking over MPS's old space in 200 East Broad, givin them 3 full floors in that building. Hopefully this is true and no vacant office space will be added to the market as a result of the shuffle.

So McMillan Pazdan Smith will be moving into the renovated bakery as a tenant on the second floor. From what I have heard, Elliott Davis will be taking over MPS's old space in 200 East Broad, givin them 3 full floors in that building. Hopefully this is true and no vacant office space will be added to the market as a result of the shuffle.

ED just got a big Microsoft contract, so that would make sense. 

Work is well underway on this redevelopment. All of the glass has been removed on the Augusta Street face.

Hopefully that means they will be burying those ugly utility lines.

Mid February is what I have heard for MPS to move in upstairs.

I understand that it is move-in weekend for the office tenant.

I wonder when the street level space will be ready..?

This has turned out very well! Can't wait for the first floor to be activated!

I do agree. It turned out fantastic. Especially at night. Take a look at it up when you get a chance.

4a154c5cc849c81499e956482c854356.jpgaaad20ce67b05dbdad8c91c6835e9c7c.jpg292a8f92e829acb22c50d96b8eab5fc8.jpg

The ugly billboard needs to come down.

I don't like it, mostly because of the gray and yellow.  Why not keep the classic brick look like that found on the rest of the building?