Whites in U.S. Edge Toward Minority Status

cityboi

"Demographers say 48% of Kids Born in 2008 Were Minorities, and This Year Could be the "Tipping Point""

In the middle of this century it is projected that minorities will become the majority in the United States. A demographic change in the U.S. population could have many implications like which party is elected into the White House more often. Since minorities for the most part are democrats we could see a major shift in politics. Minority presidents will also be more common. In fact the changing demographics may be part of the reason Barack Obama was elected. The reason is the large immigration of latinos and the fact that the demographics show that the hispanic population tend to have more children than whites or blacks. Latinos are already the largest minority group in the country. America could look quite different in the next 100 years. Im sure the skin heads and the KKK are scared Sh_ _less.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/10/national/main6284387.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

• 1 month later...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could care less what people look like or where they are from. As long as they cherish American values and uphold the U.S. Constitution, all are welcome. We've always been a nation of immigrants, I'm married to one. Just do it legally is all I ask. But force your culture on me, disrespect me, we're gonna tangle.

In the middle of this century it is projected that minorities will become the majority in the United States.

These types of headlines have made the news for the last twenty years atleast and have become the fight song and raison d'etre of the left. (No offense to you intended; I'm not saying you're part of that demographic...)

A lot of people in America have, for a long time, pointed a finger at whites who, natural and inherent racists that they are, are the root source of trouble in the country, and it's been fueled not only by minorities who've had a grudge and who've wielded the term racist like a weapon to coerce and manipulate, but also, more sinisterly, by those white people who've drunk the shame Kool-Aid and swallowed the white guilt complex pill. The euphemism of "change" has been that if we can just sweep these white folks under the rug so that we can take the wheel, the world will be a much better place; the doves of peace will fly, the clouds of despair will part and the reign of justice, diversity and prosperity will wash over America.

As America has become more and more unambiguously anti-white, it's ironic to me that all the things that have charmed people throughout the world about America were put in place by the very people that so many in America are working so hard to discredit. As politically incorrect as it is to say, there's no denying that America was founded and put on the map by Caucasian Europeans and their descendants who created a nation and a way of life that became the envy of the world. Of course there have always been non-white people in America, but due to the relative, historic insignificance of their number, they've not had great cultural influences on the nation in terms of the language we speak, the holidays we celebrate, the cultural traditions we practice, etc. But as more and more non-white people have come to America and are now shaping it in ways so different from what America has historically been, it doesn't seem to have the luster it once did. Yes, there are people who are still coming here by the millions, but for those making up the preponderance of that influx, is it because of the values, work ethic, and intent they have to make a better life for themselves the old fashioned way from the ground up, or is it the lure of the social service handouts that are concurrent with their arrival here? It's been made profitable for people to come to America nowadays with a business model that was not a reality for newcomers of the past.

When the glorious day comes that America is, at long last, more brown than it is white, what's the result? Or the hope? When the history of it is written and the larger picture comes into focus, I don't think it will be said that white people were the drain on progress they've been made out to be. And for those so eager to see them marginalized into obscurity, they should be careful what they wish for. I don't know of any white nations that have ever been considered third world.

^I've never heard anyone but the most extreme claim that whites as a race are the source of our societal issues. These people are not taken seriously by the mainstream left, and are every bit as racist as those on the right who claim that Obama must be a closet Muslim fundamentalist because of his name. Many of our country's ills result from long-standing government policies that benefit the very wealthy at the expense of the masses. Due to a number of historical factors, the wealthiest few percent of our population are overwhelmingly white while the very poor are more likely to be minorities. The leftist policies you speak of attempt to lend a hand to the poorest among us at the expense of those who least need assistance. The fact that minorities disproportionately benefit from many of these policies is a coincidence of history, and doesn't indicate some sinister anti-white motivation behind them.

Whatever the color of your skin, we on the left are perfectly happy for you if you manage to make it to the top of the societal ladder. Now that you're set for life, we'd rather have you use some of your excess wealth to help your fellow man take the next step rather than simply horde more for yourself than you can ever really benefit from. We want a more equitable society where those with more to give are expected to give more for the benefit of all Americans. That the right likes to label this goal as racist or anti-white is absurd and only serves to inflame and divide.

The right throws around the concept of "white guilt" as much as the left throws accusations of racism. That I want my government to provide for the common good of all Americans doesn't change the fact that I am proud of my own Anglo-American heritage with family roots dating back to 17th century New England.

It is a right-wing myth that most modern-day immigrants are coming mainly for government handouts. in fact the percentage of the immigrant population receiving government assistance is smaller than that of the citizen population. Further, many immigrants are coming from countries with more robust social services than our own. Nor did past immigrants come with grand notions of assimilating into American culture. They are coming now for the same reason they have always come: they feel there is more opportunity for making a decent living here than in their homelands. Have you not heard how immigration, legal and illegal, has declined dramatically since the economic downturn, even as social services have expanded.

The arguments that modern-day immigrants are lazy, they refuse to speak the language, they are violent, they don't respect our values, etc, are nothing new. Starting in the early 19th century Americans said exactly the same things about the Irish immigrants, then it was the German immigrants, then the Italian immigrants, then the Polish and Russian immigrants, then the Chinese and Jewish immigrants, now it is the Latino immigrants. Nothing has changed other than the country of origin of the immigrants. It has always been the pattern that first-generation immigrants tend to be poor, uneducated and sure, a relative drain on society. It has always been their children who are raised here who become truly productive members of society.

Even the problem of illegal immigration is nothing new, and the notion that most Americans have ancestors that passed through Ellis Island is again a myth. In fact, a surprisingly large proportion of European Americans are the descendants of people who entered the country more or less illegally in the 19th and early 20th century, primarily by sailing to Canada on merchant ships so unsanitary they came to be called "coffin ships" and then crossing the border into the US.

What I'm getting at in this long, rambling post (which is not targeted at you, jme3, though it is partially in response to your post)is that what we're seeing today, both in immigration patterns and in citizens' response to those patterns, is exactly what we've seen for virtually all of America's history. It may be a tempestuous process at times, but this is the process that has made this nation the society we all know and love.

• 1 year later...

The United States may be on the verge of a cultural shift. For the first time, minorities make up a majority of babies in the U.S. This is been a growing trend and over the next few generations, the racial make up of the United States may look different. This is important because race will affect politics. The vast majority of all minorities are democrats. So is the GOP a dying party? African Americans are a solid democratic voting block. Nothing will ever change that. Latinos are primarily democrats but can be swayed to the GOP if the GOP address the needs of Latinos better than democrats. With the direction the GOP is headed in regards to immigration, I doubt that will happen. The Asian population is growing as well and the majority of Asians are democrats.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/23/census-shows-whites-are-in-minority-among-new-births-in-us/?test=latestnews

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a multi-national company based in France. Our office and factory could be a small United Nations. We have many people from other countries. Many Asian countries, Vietnam,Laos,Thailand,China and more. Middle Eastern countries Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and more. African countries, South American countries, Central American countries, Mexico and Canada represent and of course Europe. Some are highly educated. They have college degrees from there native companies or have gone to college here. Many have become citizens and end up knowing more of our history than native borns know. Some work here for a while and go back to there native countries. These folks worked hard to be here and do not like the handouts given to there countrymen. It gives the whole ethnc group a bad rap. I don't have any statistics of how many come to the USA legally and prosper as opposed to the illegals. I am reminded of the schlocky Micheal Jackson song "We Are the World". Take a moment and find out about these folks journey. Some are boring and some are quite fascinating. A friend of mine born in Palistine, family left to avoid the violence and went to Kuwait and again left because of the violene and eventually he came here from Jordan. His parents were not wealthy but they were able to help him get here and go to school at the University of Alabama. He had no knowledge of where the school was. He said he got off the bus and looked around and wondered what he had done. He was expecting beautiful women, cars and skyscrapers, just like he had seen on Miami Vice. Well, he worked 2 jobs and got his engineering degree, got his citizenship, married a lovely native Alabamian and has 3 children. And still yet is demonized because he is Muslim. As stated above, we always have to demonize somebody so we can feel better about ourselves. Republicans are notorious about this. Soon there will be no one to demonize and then conservatives will fade away. Well I guess they will always have gays to look down upon.

As America has become more and more unambiguously anti-white, it's ironic to me that all the things that have charmed people throughout the world about America were put in place by the very people that so many in America are working so hard to discredit. As politically incorrect as it is to say, there's no denying that America was founded and put on the map by Caucasian Europeans and their descendants who created a nation and a way of life that became the envy of the world. Of course there have always been non-white people in America, but due to the relative, historic insignificance of their number, they've not had great cultural influences on the nation in terms of the language we speak, the holidays we celebrate, the cultural traditions we practice, etc. But as more and more non-white people have come to America and are now shaping it in ways so different from what America has historically been, it doesn't seem to have the luster it once did. Yes, there are people who are still coming here by the millions, but for those making up the preponderance of that influx, is it because of the values, work ethic, and intent they have to make a better life for themselves the old fashioned way from the ground up, or is it the lure of the social service handouts that are concurrent with their arrival here? It's been made profitable for people to come to America nowadays with a business model that was not a reality for newcomers of the past.

Something in this quote bothers me a great deal. Caucasian Europeans owned slaves. Without using them for the back breaking work required to grow a nation, it would have taken much longer to become the nation that others look to. So, give credit where credit is due.

Archived