Our Town Cinemas

swu_BA_student

Hi everyone. I was at a meeting today in Davidson NC that was conducted at a place called Our Town Cinemas. It turns out they are very well financed and looking to expand to Main st type locations. I was hoping to get some of the forum members here to send them an email to show how interested Greenville would be in having something like this on Main st. They had a small 4 screen operation at the Davidson location. They do special events and have video game systems hooked up to their projectors. They also do first run movies. They had a great quality of food which I tasted for lunch and served beer in the lobby. I know they have scouted Greenville already so they just need the right push to show we can support a nice, small, upscale theater on Main st. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.ourtowncinemas.com/future-locations/

Here is the email to show support:

[email protected]

I was hoping some one could send some emails showing the crowded streets on the weekend. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to send them an email!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are everybody elses thoughts on the need for a theater downtown. Would you like to see a smaller place like Our Town, or would you like to see a multiplex like out on Woodruff? I know in larger cities I've seen multi-story plexes built, so having one down there is not out of the question. I've always thought that I'd like to see a mixed retail and entertainment development go to the parcel across from the new Croc Center on the downtown side.

So what are everybody elses thoughts on the need for a theater downtown. Would you like to see a smaller place like Our Town, or would you like to see a multiplex like out on Woodruff? I know in larger cities I've seen multi-story plexes built, so having one down there is not out of the question. I've always thought that I'd like to see a mixed retail and entertainment development go to the parcel across from the new Croc Center on the downtown side.

I'm very much in favor of a smaller theater. There are enough multiplexes in and around town. Downtown needs something more unique, something distinctive. A cinema would be a nice addition to all the restaurants and bars, some place you can go before/after eating and drinking. I'd hope for a theater that shows more artsy films, but that might just be me.

I'm very much in favor of a smaller theater. There are enough multiplexes in and around town. Downtown needs something more unique, something distinctive. A cinema would be a nice addition to all the restaurants and bars, some place you can go before/after eating and drinking. I'd hope for a theater that shows more artsy films, but that might just be me.

It's not just you, it's me too !

There is no way a multiplex will go downtown, regardless. Too many already around or on the way.

• 2 years later...

Archived