The Bad News Report

tozmervo

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

Which towns are they?

wadesboro and lumberton   I wish they would have downsized their store in Wadesboro maybe to a neighborhood market but that is a hit for that county means there is no general merchandise store in the county (Dollar General does not sell clothes)  Basic supplies like groceries will be available but customers will have to drive to Monroe or Rockingham to shop for soft goods.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:27 PM, urbanlover568 said:

lol

Screen Shot 2020 03 06 at 1.41.37 PM

Dr. James Lawler

What are these numbers based on? I'm not trying to downplay the threat, but if this study assumes the infection rate is going to double continuously, does it not take into account the measures people are already imposing on themselves? Large scale events are delaying or cancelling altogether, travel domestically or internationally will drop off significantly, and the population is largely aware of the measures that need to take place in order to prevent the spread.

I'm no expert on this, so I won't pretend like I know what's all going on. But at a certain point, other factors are going to influence the rate of infection, that feels like a given. I don't think we should downplay the impact of the virus, but at the same time it shouldn't become an all out panic. It seems like people lean to the extremes.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, CaptainJilliams said:

What are these numbers based on? I'm not trying to downplay the threat, but if this study assumes the infection rate is going to double continuously, does it not take into account the measures people are already imposing on themselves? Large scale events are delaying or cancelling altogether, travel domestically or internationally will drop off significantly, and the population is largely aware of the measures that need to take place in order to prevent the spread.

I'm no expert on this, so I won't pretend like I know what's all going on. But at a certain point, other factors are going to influence the rate of infection, that feels like a given. I don't think we should downplay the impact of the virus, but at the same time it shouldn't become an all out panic. It seems like people lean to the extremes.

Source is listed below the slide. 

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I can tell you  I will survive this as I have with the SARS, Ebola, H1N1, swine flu, bird flu, MERS etc.  And I believe 99.7% of you will too.    I have faith in the Great Physician and refuse to live in tee total fear.   Just not gonna do it.   I will be practical and prayerful. 

Don't interpret this as a personal attack please!

I live in fear of people who don't listen to the CDC because of religious beliefs, selfishness, and/or disbelief in science. If you're sick with covid symptoms, or exposed to someone who is, stay home. I probably missed the point of your post though. Will you not follow the simple "rules" from CDC? Totally agree with not doing more than they recommend though.

53 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I can tell you  I will survive this as I have with the SARS, Ebola, H1N1, swine flu, bird flu, MERS etc.  And I believe 99.7% of you will too.    I have faith in the Great Physician and refuse to live in tee total fear.   Just not gonna do it.   I will be practical and prayerful. 

To those 3 in every 1000... we salute you!!! Die with honor!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I am absolutely doing exactly what they suggest did you see where I said Practical that is things like washing your hands but I am not going to hole myself up in my home and never leave it. and of course if I feel sick I will avoid all contact.  WARNING I have tree allergies which are getting ready to ramp up for about 2-3 weeks where I will be sneezing.   My mother is 84 years old in pretty good health and I doing everything I can protect her from this by being practical.  But what I am not going to do is live in total fear of doing anything outside my home and yes I am going to pray.  

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately I'm in the underlying health issue group and my Mom is 90. So we're not going to Hornets games right now. Although watching them can make you sick even over tv.

BTW, Australia is better prepared because a paper is printing 6 blank pages so they can avoid the rush. ;-)

I really don't get the run on toilet paper thing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I can tell you  I will survive this as I have with the SARS, Ebola, H1N1, swine flu, bird flu, MERS etc.  And I believe all of you will too.    I have faith in the Great Physician and refuse to live in tee total fear.   Just not gonna do it.   I will be practical and prayerful. 

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Wednesday during a hearing before the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487086-coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal

Trump to address the nation tonight at 9PM EST. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, urbanlover568 said:

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Wednesday during a hearing before the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487086-coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal

Trump to address the nation tonight at 9PM EST. 

I think people are over hyping the mortality rate when the sample size is still relatively small.  There are thousands of cases that are so mild in nature they don't get counted. I think it's already been reported that 80% of cases are classified as "mild", meaning the person can typically stay home and recover with no outside medical assistance. 

I'm not putting a whole lot of stock into the United State's mortality rate until more cases come up. Global rate is hovering around 3.6%, which again is high relative to the flu, but again, more people get he flu thus the death numbers are higher, despite the mortality rate being lower.

We absolutely need to take this seriously, but we do not need to panic.