tozmervo

The Bad News Report

I hope it happens in person and in Charlotte.  This region really needs the boost.  Maybe they can modify by doing these things:

Spectrum Center - 6000 people

Bojangles Simulcast - 5000 people

Bank of America Stadium  Simulcast - 20000 people

All locations during Convention activities with Masks, gloves and temperature check requirements all prior to entry.

Charlotte needs the RNC economic activity

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ric0_0 said:

Whether or not you agree with the political party, conventions bring a MASSIVE amount of money to the city hosting them.

And massive amount of people coming from all parts of the country congregating in close quarters during a health crisis.  My comment wouldn't have been applicable prior to the pandemic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLT704 said:

:offtopic:Please go and vote down ballot though! You'd probably vote Republican down ballot, which wouldn't be my cup of tea as someone who leans left, but please participate in democracy. As someone who cannot vote in this country, I implore you to at least exercise your constitutional rights for some races. 

Always vote in your state and local elections. These both have the most visible effect on your day to day life and matter just as much if not more than your presidential vote.

• Like 3

I meant just for POTUS. Absolutely agree state & local mean way, way more. Your vote for President isn’t that important and for the vast majority of people most of the time, the POTUS isn’t really going to effect your life. 

I only mentioned that b/c I wanted to make the point that my opinion of holding the convention is really just about not endangering Uptown residents & businesses. Not about my personal political beliefs.

Youve all seen what these things turn into in normal years. Now the anger & intolerance of differing opinions is so high. People literally (and delusionally) think they’re fighting Nazi’s or Communists (depending on your party). They think violence is justified. Imagine tons of people with that insane mindset descending on your neighborhood. It’s not right. Shut the conventions down. Both of them.

This is all to say nothing of the pandemic but I felt this way even before COVID 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

I hope it happens in person and in Charlotte.  This region really needs the boost.  Maybe they can modify by doing these things:

Spectrum Center - 6000 people

Bojangles Simulcast - 5000 people

Bank of America Stadium  Simulcast - 20000 people

All locations during Convention activities with Masks, gloves and temperature check requirements all prior to entry.

Charlotte needs the RNC economic activity

This definitely is a creative and logical option.  The one thing I can think of here would be the cost for the venues and added security for the additional venues that were not part of the original convention - if I remember this correctly.  I remember when the DNC was here and I worked Uptown, we were basically told that we were not allowed to go into the office because we sat right in the middle of BofA Stadium, the Convention Center and Spectrum.  Pandemic rules that may still be in place, may help, and I think it would be interesting to see how the RNC would respond to something that would provide even MORE people to be part of the event than would have been if just Spectrum was used.

• Like 1