***New MSA Population Estimates for 2009***

slyder1

• 3 months later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard today from a very reliable source (very serious on this) that the prelimary numbers are for the 2010 census show:

Benton: 225,000 (I guess the second largest county in the state now? - Big surprise, not)

Washington: 204,000

Honestly, I'd expected the numbers to be a bit bigger. Doesn't look like the NWA MSA picked up any Oklahoma counties, but again, the same source said these are prelim number.

Source also said look for BIG things along the "I Street corridor" (where Bentonville is building its new city offices) on toward the airport, even with the economic problems of the past two years.

fyi.

Just heard today from a very reliable source (very serious on this) that the prelimary numbers are for the 2010 census show:

Benton: 225,000 (I guess the second largest county in the state now? - Big surprise, not)

Washington: 204,000

Honestly, I'd expected the numbers to be a bit bigger. Doesn't look like the NWA MSA picked up any Oklahoma counties, but again, the same source said these are prelim number.

Sorry been meaning to respond to this for a while. Benton County has been the second most populated county for a while now. Ever since it passed up Washington County back in the 90's. I think Washington County had even held the spot for a while. Those numbers aren't bad but I guess maybe we're a little jaded from the figures we saw back in the 90's boom. While Pulaski County's numbers have been somewhat stale for years,(the surrounding counties seem to be getting all the growth down in central Arkansas) I don't think we'll have to worry about Anyone overtaking the top spot. It would be interesting to see our metro pick up an Oklahoma county at some point. I've also been wondering if or when we might eventually get a NWA-Ft Smith CSA. There's only two CSAs in the state and NWA hasn't managed to get one yet despite all the growth in the area.

Archived