Ziplines in the Upstate

gs3

• 1 month later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK....some friends and I have made plans to do this in June. One friend came up with the idea of strapping a small digital video to his helmet to film the action while on the zipline. I'm thinking about doing the same thing and will post. Kind of excited. Only done a zipline once before and it was a blast....felt so free!

I taught high ropes and adventure challenge courses many years ago, mostly to at-risk youth. Always an exhilarating experience, not just being in the treetops but also seeing the look of joy on the faces of my students when they got that rush. They always came away from the experience with a greater sense of self-worth and self-confidence, without exception.

Absolutely, in oneself and in others. The learning experience in high ropes is often more mental than physical, beginning with overcoming the belief many people have that they are afraid of heights. Once that lesson sinks in, students usually start rethinking other self-limiting beliefs they may have.

Archived